Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



May The Felt Be With Me

May The Felt Be With Me

I have not played poker since last Saturday, making this day 5 away from the felt. That is an extended stay away for me. And to be honest, I think I've needed it. I didn't plan the hiatus, but it just seemed to happen. Numerous times, while sitting on the couch, I would be pushing myself to get up and get the laptop, but I was just too tired to do so. I think my body and mind have needed a break from the computer at home.

As of today, however, I think I'm getting a hankering to hit the tables. I know in my last post I mentioned I would probably stay away from the tables tonight, but my time away from the felt should put me in the clear for tonight and tomorrow. Me thinks I'll play a few heads up matches tonight to prepare for the DADIII on Friday. May the felt be with me. Veneno, care to continue our bounty matches? Look me up tonight if you are down with it. And, oh yeah, what the hell is rack back? : )

I've had a lot of non pokery stuff on my mind these days, which probably added to the need to stay away from the tables. My car is on its death bed (or would that be death driveway) and I am just now coming to grips with the fact that I must do something about it. We have two cars in the family and haven't had a car payment for nearly two years so I am absolutely dreading adding that bill to our expenses. Unfortunately something must be done and with the tax money we received recently now is as good a time as any.

My car only has 85,000 miles, but it is more than 15 years old and everything inside is either too old or falling apart. It's not worth $500 on a good day and the cost of fixing all the problems is nearing $2,000. Ungood. I will say there is a hint of excitement that comes with the potential of a new car. I have not enjoyed driving for the last few years as my car is so old…and I don't mean cool old like a mustang or something. I mean old and uncool. I guess we'll see how things play out. Once I make the purchase I'll post a pic.

As for poker, when I do get back to the tables on a more regular basis, I will continue on with the SNG Challenge. While I am still playing the 6-max tables, I am dropping 6-max from the name as I sometimes play the full tables as well. Also, in case people are interested in the challenge, I don't want them to think it is only for 6-max games. It is taking me a while to get to level 2, but I know it is because of the lack of sessions at Ultimate Bet. I just gotta keep grinding.

I am also planning to move some money from Hollywood to Stars in order to start playing the $12 +$1 Turbo 6-Max SNG's. I've been watching those tables and they look too promising to not dive in. I could play those SNG's now, but if I hit a tough run I'll be worried with the small amount I have at Stars so a transfer should give me the cushion I need.

That's it for me today. Hope to see you all at the DADIII.

posted by TripJax @ 10:20 AM,

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Human Head said...

As a proud owner of an '87 Honda Grand Hoopty who's lifespan is coming to an end, I feel your car purchasing pain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home