Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Should I Respond To This New York Post Inquiry Or Not?

For those that don't know, I use Posterous for most of my TripJax (Blogger) posting.  It is the easiest way I've found to post to my poker blog from anywhere, anytime (including my iPhone).  That said, the main reason I use it is I can also post to other social networking sites at the same time.  If I want to post a quick note on my twitter and/or facebook account, I can do it.  If I only want to post to my TripJax blog I can do it.  If I only want to post to my Posterous blog, where the bulk (read: 4 that probably know about it) of my non-pokery friends can catch up with me,  I can do it.  Basically I can post to one, several or all of my sites in one quick email...the choices are pretty much mine.

I mention this for those of you who normally read me at my poker blog and won't recognize the upcoming link.  Back when I posted my WTFawk post about my poker mobneys being frozen here...

http://tripjax.blogspot.com/2009/06/wtfawk.html

It also posted at my Posterous site here...

http://tripjax.posterous.com/wtfawk

Now you would think if I were to receive a comment about poker it would come on my actual poker blog, but instead I received the following comment at my Posterous site:

Jeremy Olshan said...
I am a reporter with the NY Post and I am looking to interview players who can't access their winnings. My email is jolshan@nypost.com

So here is my question.  Should I respond to him or let this go?  I've left it alone up to now as I don't really want to go there, but this is apparently becoming pretty big news.  I wasn't sure if I could voice my opinion and it be taken the right way.  I don't want to be thrown to the wolves when the New York Post puts up some anti-online poker article and my words get distorted.  The media can do that ya know.

So anyway, just looking for your thoughts...

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

Posted via email from TripJax

posted by TripJax @ 5:09 PM,

4 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Blogger OhCaptain said...

I would ask the folks at the Poker Players Alliance. I just did an interview about twitter. Not sure it worked out, but we'll see.

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger jjok said...

consider your work first and foremost. If they don't mind, then I say do it and do it carefully with the intent to talk about why it's wrong to freeze the funds.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely a tough call, if you can stay under the internet cloak of TripJax, go for it. If they insist on real names, that's a rub you may not want.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger PokahDave said...

ditto for what Drizz said...you know how business is these days....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home