Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



HORSE vs. NURSE

Well I certainly didn't think I would be writing this post from the hospital, but alas here I sit. I think a little background is in order. Earlier in the week, during a check-up on our baby who is due April 26th, the doctor felt like the baby may be under developed due to how my wife was measuring. Turns out the baby is above average in weight so that is cool, however, for some reason the fluids in the placenta (sorry guys) was very low. They put her on a rest and hydration regimen the rest of the week and we did another ultrasound yesterday. The fluids had actually gone down. Ungood (me fail english, that's unpossible).

So, she was immediately directed to go to the hospital for IV treatment and monitoring. We've been told she'll have to be here at least through Monday. By the end of all this, our baby should be right back on track and getting all the fluids she needs. I'm not concerned because the Doc says the baby has clearly been getting enough fluids so far since she is above average weight. They think my wife was dehydrated recently when she had a long term cold...almost 2 weeks. That's probably eh sourece of the problem. Our son has been shipped away to Granny's house so that I can be here with wifey the whole time. She says I'm probably loving it cause I can watch ACC basketball all weekend. She's got a point. I told her this is her mini vacation from dealing with everything and having someone wait on her (other than her husband...sweet!). The one bad thing for her - other than the fact that she's in the hospital - is that the IV fluids are making her go to the bathroom about every 20 minutes. That's no fun when your attached to 15 different machines.

On a whim, I brought the laptop so we can watch DVD's if we get bored. After some extreme chilling yesterday, I decided to pop it open and watch a Simpsons DVD. To my surprise, a pop-up box...uh...popped up informing me there was a wireless connection available. I figured it would be encrypted/unavailable, but when I clicked on it, there was a guest connection available. So here I sit, writing this post in the hospital.

I've told my wife about the HORSE tournament on Sunday and chances are I'll still be able to play. I feel sort of like a low life planning to play a poker tournament while my wife is in the hospital, but there is so much down time, and she said I should do it so I don't go stir crazy. Last night, I couldn't get the wireless connection to work so I'll have to see tonight if the same thing happens. Hopefully not as I'd like to just play the tournament while in the room with her. That should be interesting. So, I might be battling the nurses while playing the horses tomorrow night. I still expect it to be a good time, though the atmosphere has definitely changed. Guess I can't play in my boxers this time...or can I?

posted by TripJax @ 12:03 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home