Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



T.J. Frotier

Gonna give the NL tournament at the local brew pub another try tonight. This will be the 3rd week and I've faired well the last 2 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe I can win some more free beer as well as points towards the satellite for the WSOP. I'll report back tonight - if I'm home early and pissed - or tomorrow - if I'm home late and happy or pissed. In other words, as most tournaments work, if you're not there late, then you didn't win squat.

In my previous post I noted that I was going to watch Tron with the boy last night until I passed out from exhaustion and Nyquil. Turns out boy didn't even last 30 minutes, which is right around the point that things get good. I on the other hand, found my second wind and made it through all of Tron and then most of the new WPT Poker By The Book event. I think I passed out when 3 players remained. Let me get back to the movies, then I'll finish up this post with some thoughts about the WPT. With Red Dawn last week, and Tron last night, I've been on a nostalgic look back at some of my favorite movies of years past. Boy is only 4 so much of the Tron stuff was over his head, but eventually he'll dig it. He's a little young to handle Red Dawn, but someday I'll take him down that road. For him, it may be interesting to understand why we were breaking bad against Russia during the movie. As for Tron, I had not seen that movie in years and noticed something quite interesting. If I'm not mistaken, the main lady character who is with Flynn and Tron (can't think of her name) is the same temptress from one of my other favorite movies, Caddyshack. I had never recognized her in any other movies until I gave Tron another try last night. She definitely showed off her assets in Caddyshack, but was much more tame in Tron. This is assuming that I'm correct about it being the same person. I may have to search on IMDB to be sure.

O.K. back to the WPT event. Mike Sexton really showed us how slow playing can bite you in the ars. I think tonight I'll be playing real aggressive after seeing what happened to Mike. And how about Hellmuth and his, "I'm not one of the basic 4 types of players, I'm an eagle." I can't remember what the 4 types were, but I do remember Phil being his basic pompous self. Sometimes I just have to laugh...such a great player...such a dumbass at times...such a genius to have millions of people talking and writing about him. Whatever he's doing is working. When I fell asleep he was a big chip leader. I'll be interested to see how he faired in the end. Couple other notes to finish off this post. Did Mike Caro really say he would be the primary candidate to play poker against aliens should the need arise. That dudes off the hook crazy. And did anyone else notice how horrible T.J Cloutier's hair looked during the flashback piece to his Bicycle tournament wher Paul Phillips bad beat him. Wholly geez was that a fro or what. The wife must have gave him a perm or something. Looks much better now.

I'm late for the tourney so I gotta go. Laterz

posted by TripJax @ 9:30 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home