Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



With This Ring Game I Thee Bled

Oh the night started out with such potential. Around 9pm I successfully got boy to hit the sack, then promptly plopped my ars on the couch with the new laptop on my...uuuhhh...laptop (so that's why they call them that eh?!). I informed the wife I was headed towards PartyPoker land - population me - and about 50,000 other headcases. She wished me good luck, then plunged back into her Court TV show...she loves that stuff. I decided I'd give a $10 SNG a try and was surprisingly underwhelmed when my first hand was AA. Like most players, I've lost my fair share of hands with rockets, so I try to not get overly excited (inside) when I see them. The ho hum attitude paid off when I took the hand down extracting half of a players stack when he folded...I didn't show my hand. And then on the very next hand, the excitement level went up a notch when - as if the machine knew it was the right thing to do - I picked up AA again. Now I'm no odds man, and I couldn't tell you whether it's 500 to 1 or 5,000,000 to 1 that I'll have a winning session this year, but I'm pretty sure that the chances of me getting rockets on the first 2 hands of the night are pretty friggin large. I would love if anyone reading this who digs odds would figure it out and let me know the chances. On that hand I relieved a player of his chips and promptly took the next hand as well for a pretty good pot. I then played the role of bully horribly and - I won't go into details - but I was out way before I should have been. I must have looked like a donkey to rip into the players for a huge chip lead, then play like an ass clown the next 30 minutes to finish no where near the money.

Not having my fill of poker at that point, I decided I'd give another SNG a try. Except on the second try I played like an ass clown, but without the good hands to help. I don't think I lasted 20 minutes in that game. Feeling the need to change it up, post haste, I decided to give the ring games a twirl. It's been a while since I've bonus whored, so I have not felt the need to play limit while trying to focus on my NL and PL tourneys. Still, I figured the change in scenery would be nice. Plus, it was getting late and I didn't want to be chained to the couch all night due to a SNG.

Over that next hour, I don't recall getting better flops and still getting my ars handed to me. If I had a low pocket pair, I tripped up on the flop almost every time, but still got socked when someone was chasing and caught the goods on the end. If I had suited connectors, I'd get open ended and flush possibilities on the flop, but see nothing pan out on the streets. It goes on and on like this and I won't bore you with it...just know that I did not win once with trips and I had them at least 5 times. By the end of it all, I was hemorrhaging cash like an ATM. I bled away about 1/4 of my roll, which was just plain stupid on my part. It does help that I'm still playing on Party's dime from the credit they gave me last month, but it still smarts when my bad play costs me a good part of my roll. In the end, I was ready to seal the wounds and hit the sack. Today I feel fine about my situation and just have to chalk it up to stupid play and bad poker luck. It comes and goes and I just have to take my hits and keep on keepin on.

Tonight, I'll be dealing over at one of my buddies house. He played in the $50 tournament last night (the one I mentioned in the previous post) and ended up winning it, taking home $700. My plan is to deal for him tonight and next Wednesday in order to pay for the upcoming $100 tournament he has planned early next month. I'll just let him keep (up to $100) what he would normally pay me, then when the tournament comes I'm paid in full and ready to play. It almost feels like a freeroll for me when I do it this way which is nice. Time to get back to work. Again, if you can figure the odds noted above, please post a comment. Thanks!

posted by TripJax @ 4:26 PM,

6 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've got an online poker strategy site with some original articles related to world poker tour that your blog visitors may find interesting - here's an article extract:

Five Common Poker Mistakes that will Lose You Money!
These five common poker mistakes are made especially by novice players who do not prepare themselves properly and think winning at online poker is ...

world poker tour


Thanks

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey did you know you can get a free ipod pretty easily?
just go to www.getipodsforfree.com, sign up and do an offer

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog on free online video poker i enjoyed looking at all the info i also have a page aboutfree online video pokercheck it outfree online video poker

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog folks, just like to offer all you online poker game people $25 FREE at partypoker.com Either use bonus code 745DEAL at the cashier or follow this link online poker game

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Blogger, A fantastic blog. Keep it up. This may be of interest to you to stop Stop .
Raymond
http://www.101roulettewinningtips.com


Raymond

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are looking to save money while making money, this is the place to be. Learn about fulltilt poker and other related topics and save time while having fun! Even though this post from With This Ring Game I Thee Bled is not exactly related to everyones concerns, Blogger has done a great job making a user friendly place to post relevant information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home