Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



The Wife Is On To Me

My wife was jokingly giving me a hard time the other day due to the amount of poker content I either had recorded or have set to record on our cable DVR box. I think, at the time, I had 3 or 4 shows already recorded and close to 35 set to record. I am not actively seeking out every show, but rather letting the system find the content for me. Therefore, most times I immediately delete an item after realizing I have already seen it 48 times. Still, I must look like a freak in her eyes. She knows I dig the stuff though so it's all good. She's not afraid to have 4 or 5 Days Of Our Lives or Law & Orders on there so she can only talk so much.

As for some of the shows I have yet to see...I'm excited to see the finale of the Poker Superstars that was shown at 4pm Sunday on NBC. Might try and catch that one tonight if wifey passes out early. I should also have an Ultimate Poker Challenge on there as well as a Battle of the Sexes from the Game Channel. A few comments on both...UPC is horribly produced, but in the end it's poker so I watch it. I wish they did a better job of explaining what the people at the final table win. They just have not taken the time to really make the show better...hopefully next year. I shouldn't really expect much since it is on UPN. As for the Battle of the Sexes, I have to agree with Mean Gene that the commentary is absolutely atrocious. Why they hired Kennedy to be the voice of the women is beyond me. Much like UPC, it's still poker so I watch it, but I'm damn near turning the mute button on whenever they comment. As for the dress of all the players, they must be paying bonuses for any of the ladies who show some skin. Evy Baby and Gazes have been showing their assets every show. And Jett was not afraid to lower the shirt on the first installment as well. Hope this isn't where poker shows are headed, but we'll just have to see. This post was not meant to critique all the shows out there, so I'm gonna stop now. I get on a random thought run and have to catch myself. Time for dinner with the wife and boy. Then hopefully some poker on tv and then some SNG's. Oh, over the weekend I got knocked out on the bubble the 2 times I played. Bastardos!

posted by TripJax @ 5:57 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home