Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Heads-Up Time!

Heads-Up Time!

I played less than originally planned last night because I ended up car shopping for a few hours. I gotta take a moment to give a big thank you to Hoff for all the help he offered in my comments yesterday. He went above and beyond what I could have expected and I appreciate it. I was able to narrow my shopping list rather than wander around aimlessly so, again, thank you Hoff. If you haven't checked out his brog, please click the link and take a gander.

Looks like I'll be spending a good amount of my time this weekend continuing the car shopping. Does anyone have 20k - 30k I can borrow*? Maybe I should send Paul Phillips correspondence requesting the money like some of those dumbasses have done in the past. Sometimes dumbasses really do trump all.

As for my poker play, I won the only heads up match I played - a $10 match - by playing the roll of Suckout Boy. I did play well during the match, but it took a key suck out on my part to get back in the match to where I could outplay the dude. Once I took the lead I pounded him with aggression, never lost the lead and took him out after about 10 minutes. It felt good to book a win heads up, but I can't forget that it took some luck to get to that point.

I also played two SNG's and moneyed in those as well, albeit 2nd place in both. Each game I got heads up with my opponent having twice as many chips, but I fully expected to win both matches (that should always be the case). Unfortunately, I couldn't overcome the chip lead in either and had to settle for the lower payout. I was happy with my overall play for the night and also happy to book a $20+ profit with such a short amount of time spent at the tables.

I tried to log onto Stars this morning to see how many sign-ups we have for tonight's DADIII event, but I kept getting an error message. I am hoping this was just a temporary issue as I don't want to have any problems getting on Stars tonight. I also don't want to have to uninstall/reinstall the Stars software as I spent some time a while back setting up the cool ass mods. Hopefully when I get home things will be straight.

I know my readers are probably sick and tired of seeing me pimp the DADIII event, but thankfully this will be the last time. Hope to see you all there! It's heads-up time baby!

If you have a Party account and haven't signed on recently, you might want to check it out. They've made quite a few changes and seem to be working to make more over time. At the moment I'm too busy to go over all of them here, so instead I'll just link you to where I heard the news in the first place, 9 2 Offsuit. On a side note, 9 2 Offsuit has changed their template and I dig it. Check'em out.

Well, that will do it for today. Keep on keepin' on.


*By borrow I mean keep, and by keep I mean never give back to you ever, ever, ever.

posted by TripJax @ 11:03 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home