Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Scout Out Wheaton

Scout Out Wheaton

First I'd like to thank everyone who played in the DADIII on Friday. Though I went out within the first 15 minutes, I still had a great time railing all the tables and watching all the action. I must say I think everything went well and I hope everyone had a good time, even those who met the same fate as me. Davee managed to knock me out when I way overplayed a hand, so he gets the honor of renaming my blog for a week. Let me know in the comments what you decide Davee.

I must say I was again surprised at the number of players who eventually signed up. I was expecting to get around 40 players registered, but as the registration time closed we had 62 players signed up. We nearly got the 64 needed to not have any byes. A fantastic turn out I must say.

Having played in two of WWdn tournaments and wanting to see him join a DADI event, I was happy to see Wil Wheaton sign up. As I expected, he gave an excellent showing and ended up placing 2nd out of 62. Congratulations Wil on a great game. Outlasting Wil and 60 other players was PokerScout, a non blogger who found out about the event while doing some research for his Poker Radio Show based out of Florida. After the dust settled it was decided that Jordan and I would join the Scout on his show soon. Should be fun.

On a just plain weird note, take a look at this pic in case you missed the tourney. Wonka vs. Wonka. When I realized we had two Wonka's at one tourney, I made a comment that it would be wild to see them go up against each other in the finals. The randomness of it all didn't pit those two in the finals, but instead had them battling it out in an earlier round. I just think that is so weird how it all happened. Very cool.

I hate to say I don't really remember many folks who ended up in the money. I was so busy chatting and playing that I missed the bulk of it. I do know GCox made the money so that rocks. I also think Wonka (the one on the left) made it, but for some reason I can't recall for sure. As for everyone else who hit pay dirt, congratulations on making the money!

Again, thank you to everyone who played. There is talk of a short handed (6-max) tournament for March, so we'll see if we can arrange that. Always trying to keep it fresh.

Well, I have the day off today and I'm not gonna spend it writing in blogger, so this is what you get for Monday. Happy Presidents Day to you all, and I'm sorry if you are reading this from work. I'll be back to the grind tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.



posted by TripJax @ 10:02 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home