Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



The Onus Is Squarely On You!

The Onus Is Squarely On You!

I did a pretty ratty job yesterday of announcing the NCAA brackets KJ and I are offering this year so I thought I would go over it again today. I know there are other broggers out there offering brackets, but lets be honest, there's no such thing as too many NCAA bracket pools. I may jump into those other brogger pools as well. We'll see.

In the meantime, here is the deal for our pool. The cost is $10 which can be transferred to my Stars account (TripJax) or, if you need to pay another way, let me know. Your money will not be used as part of my donkroll. I have enough there to keep all funds separate. Payouts to winners will be swift. The plan is to payout similar to a SNG/MTT payout, unless it doesn't make sense to payout that many people. For instance, if there are 10 or less people who sign up, we may just need to do winner take all or pay top two at 80% / 20% or something like that. Once we know how many sign-ups we have we'll clear all that up and make sure everyone is cool with it.

Here is what you do. Click on THIS LINK and sign up with whatever screen name you want to use. Preferably a screen name we can recognize. Once you go through that process there will be an option to join an established league using the Group ID #. You want to do that. Sign in with Group ID #: 90867 and password: hammer. The system should confirm you are signing up for the Poker Bloggers league. From there just follow the directions for making your picks.

The deadline is Thursday by 12:10, but make sure I receive the transfer before the games start to avoid your picks being voided. And of course, make sure you put your picks in before that time as well. Like I noted earlier, once we know how many sign-ups we have, KJ and I will discuss and come up with a payout that everyone will be cool with. If you guys want winner take all that can be arranged. If you want a percentage of people paid we can figure that out too. We'll get it done. Let me know if you have any questions.

I've been watching the Monte Carlo Millions lately and I've really enjoyed all the action. The format is great and the production is pretty damn good. You don't have to worry about going to a commercial break and finding out a guy who had 1.8 million before the break now has 35,000 after the break with no explanation. You also don't have to sit through any pros slicing bananas with playing cards or other such nonsense. A breath of fresh air as far as poker production goes.

The only thing that has bugged me - and this is a stretch to even bring this up as a negative - is one of the announcers uses the word ONUS atleast 5 times every episode. "He's certainly put the onus on Mike with that move." Or, "The onus is squarely on John now." The first couple of times it was all good, I mean I like the word too, but after a while I'm just cringing when the guy talks cause I know the word is about to come out of his mouth.

Otherwise, I really dig it and I hope we see more poker action as such.

That's it for me folks. I hope you sign up for our NCAA bracket!

posted by TripJax @ 10:13 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home