Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Samuel L. Jackson Chimes In...

A buddy of mine - knowing I'm an uberghey brogger - emailed a link this morning that sent me to the following t-shirt (just click the pic below for the large version of the shirt). My buddies caption for the email was, "Samuel L. Jackson chimes in." All I can say is I love it.



Moving on...

I've had some success on the felt since coming back from my extended break in December. On 01.01.07 I was starting the year with a $0 bankroll. I had withdrawn everything in December for Christmas and to make sure I would really take a break. On 01.02.07 the tables were calling my name, so I deposited $50 into my PokerStars account. At the time I didn't realize they had a deposit bonus, so hopefully I'll be able to release it in a timely manner.

On 01.02.07 I didn't do much and basically dropped about $10. Then, over the next few days, I managed to come in 2nd and 3rd in two 45 player SNG's. Each time, it was the last SNG I played before calling it a night. I pulled in $110 and $77 respectively.

Yesterday, I was having a horibble day at the tables and dropped over $50. That's nothing big in the grand scheme of things, but when you are starting from a small roll, it smarts just a little. I shut the computer down pretty disgusted as I was making horrible game choices and terrible decisions in those games. I decided I was done for the day. I was still very much up for my bankroll, but still bummed at my play for the day.

A few hours later I decided to give it one more chance (oops!). I entered into a $10, 180 player SNG and put all my focus on the game. A few hours later I was at the final table with 9 players remaining and in 4th chip position. At that point I made the ultimate mistake. I checked the money payouts and started thinking about how nice it would be to have 1st place, which was about $550. Stupid, stupid, stupid. It's like my pea brain was trying to think of ways to set myself up to fail. I was already in the money, but there was plenty of play left and I should not have been thinking like that.

Not long after, I ended up going out in 7th place for a $63 payout. I was sick to my stomach. I had played really well, but ultimately missed out on the bigger payday. I'm not disappointed in the way I went out, so it is all good, but it still stung a little. I was on the button and last in chips and pushed my remaining 23k in with Q 8 suited hoping to take down the pot or have a nice scenario if either blind called. The big blind called alright...with AA. I know he was agonizing on whether to call me or not...erm...NOT! In the end I'm happy with my play and glad I was able to salvage the overall day with that payout. For the day, after plenty of gaming, I managed to be up $11. I'm once again feeling great about my game and I'm ready for continued success. I won't have it any other way.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 11:02 AM,

5 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Good for you Jax. So what about that blender. Is it good? No problem whipping up ice cubes and frozen strawberries and stuff?

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

It's an awesome blender. It is a little bit on the loud side, but very cool to blend and drink from the same container.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger joxum said...

ehm...if you have minus $50 and enter a turney for $10, then proceed to win $63, wouldn't that put you $3 up and not $11?

;-)

/j.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Spec K,

Good lookin' out! Hope you enjoy.

Joxum,

For the most part I'm just giving "ball park" figures. I might say around 50 and it would be 45 or 54 or whatever. Lets put it this way. When I started the day I had a little over $200 at Stars. When I finished the day I had a little over $211. So I played a bunch of games here and there, and at the end of the day I was up $11. I was probably too specific in some numbers for it to make sense. My bad!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Dawn Summers said...

That shirt is awesome!!! I sooo want it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home