Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Posterous FTW


As you can see from my Archives, I've been posting at TripJax via Blogger since 2004.  In the last couple of years my posts have declined, mainly because I made a decision to no longer post from work; that and a decrease in poker play, both live and online.  As for my posting from work, though I don't think it happens very often, Big Broseph can and will tap into my computer and review what I'm doing at any given time.  I don't need trouble with my employer - hell I'm just happy to have a damn job in this tough environment - so I've tried to make a conscious effort to limit my slackassery.


When I do have time to post, I'm sure my readers have noticed they are often short and sweet, rarely going beyond a couple of paragraphs,.  This is mainly due to the majority of my posts being written on my iPhone.  I don't know about you, but I've found it is tough to write a big honking post from a phone, even one with a great interface and large touch screen keyboard.  Unfortunately I haven't come across a really good iPhone application that answers many of the problems I have with posting to Blogger from an iPhone.  For the most part, it sucks.

Enter Posterous.

As I mentioned above, I've been blogging for some time; however, most of my close local friends have passed on the blogging gig.  Recently my buddy MTW put me onto Posterous.  He just wanted a forum that was easy for us to communicate in lieu of emailing back and forth constantly.  He also wanted something quick and easy that used email as the conduit - creation to submission.  Posterous did the trick.

So far I'm really loving Posterous.  You don't even have to sign-up to have a blog.  All you do is email post@posterous.com and it will create a blog for you and, whenever you send an email from the same email address, it will know to post to the same blog.  Of course you can create an account and have more control over the situation, but the start-up could not be easier.  When I post to my Posterous site, I can set it to automatically update my Blogger, Flickr and Twitter sites as well.  When I receive a comment on a post, I get an email that allows me to post a comment straight from the email.  No more fiddling online in order to reply to the comment.  Sweetness.

Also, Posterous blows Blogger out of the water with attachments.  It understands and controls attachments much better than any other blogger site I'm aware of, making them usable and useful within the post automatically.  See what I mean here.

So why the hell did I just write this post?  Well, I figured if I enjoy Posterous and can use it with Blogger, maybe others would benefit as well.  I also wanted anyone who reads my blog(s) to understand that sometimes I'll be cross posting on my Posterous and Blogger sites.  I have a feeling some of the things that work on Posterous might not always work on Blogger, so bear with me as I'm still figuring out how this whole thing works.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

Posted via email from tripjax's posterous

posted by TripJax @ 1:14 PM,

2 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger joxum said...

Plus being caught sending an email isn't nearly as suspicious as tapping into a blogger window, if someone at work happens to come by :-D

Nice application though,

/j.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Julius_Goat said...

If this site becomes mad influential, perhaps we will refer to all human history before its inception as . . . preposterous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home