Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



American Idiots

American Idiots

This is a graph of my alcohol consumption since the Panthers lost to Seattle. Actually, this is my total poker earnings for 2006. No specific numbers being put out there, but the chart tells the tale.

I've been running somewhat hot with a couple of break even sessions mixed in. My break even nights are usually one of the following...1) playing ring games I drop a buy-in early then build it back to even...or 2) playing SNG's I run hot early then play way too many games and give back the bulk of my profits.

GCox mentioned this routine of giving back profits in his most recent post and it rings all too true. I know there is good in continuing to play on nights when you're running hot, but there is something to be said for booking a profit and laying your head on your pillow with a smile on your face. I know it sounds crazy, but I sleep much better after winning nights than I do when I'm running bad. It's all up in the noggin', but it is what it is.

And speaking of Seattle (yeah I mentioned them above), go check out the wild story Skitch offers up in his latest post. $40,000 riding on an open ended straight flush draw. Friggin' crazy.

For those of you who watched American Idol last night (you know who you are) they were airing the sessions from Greensboro, NC, where I live. I gotta say, it was pretty damn embaressing watching some of those jokers make asses of themselves. I know that is the point of the show early on - to find a few good singers and a ton of idiots - but damn we did not show off the goods tonight. Only 9 singers received tickets to Hollywood out of nearly 9000 hopefuls. Of the 9 there are a couple that could end up winning it all, but overall I'd call it a disappointment. This area has spit out one American Idol winner (Fantasia) and one runner-up (Aiken) so I guess I was expecting more from Greensboro.

I must say I did laugh a good bit so it was all good. That show is so fucking cheesy it's sick. I don't mind these early episodes with all the jokers showing their dumb asses, but when the singers start shilling cars and random products, consider me out. I'd rather watch the 2003 WSoP for the 194th time than watch the singers pimp Ford or Pepsi or whatever it ends up being this year. I'll stick around and watch if they will do a skit that involves Bonus Code: Iggy. Now that would be the shit.

Boobie Lover recently posted details on how to change up your table and card mods over at Stars. Though I had a short e-tard moment early on, I finally figured out how to get the mods to work and I really dig'em. I highly recommend them. You can click on the pic to the left to get an idea of what it looks like. I just picked a random table so I covered up the players names.

Thanks to Waffles for putting up with me IM'ing him with questions on what I was doing wrong as well as to Wes for helping me on his blog. I appreciate it guys. After downloading the new look I played a SNG and finished 3rd. I like it already!

The PokerGeek moved his blog from blogger to his own server. I am actually in the process of doing this soon and will give details if it results in any changes. I'm hoping to get started this weekend so we'll see. The Geeks new site looks good. Go check it out.

Well that will have to do it for now. Jordan, have a good time in Atlantic City. I'm jealous ya bastard.

posted by TripJax @ 10:58 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home