Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Mundane Monday Musings

Mundane Monday Musings

Not a whole lot to report in TripJaxville, but I'll see what I can bust out of the ole cranium. The hot run at the tables continues with a nice weekend booked. I played 9 SNG's cashing in 7, but more importantly winning 5. Hellz yeah. I could get used to weekends like that.

I also slapped a monkey off my back by beating Veneno in a heads up match. Prior to our game last night, I was 0-3 and none too happy with my play. The Hammer ended up playing a factor in that she played two hammer hands strong and ended up having to fold both to my raises. In her first hammer hand I didn't have much better, but I played a hunch and raised and she thankfully folded. Good game V.

I want to take a moment and thank Dragonystic for writing a post about the SNG Analyzer. I had asked him in a comment if he would offer a summary of the software and he promptly obliged. Thank you, sir. If you haven't had a chance to check out Dragon, you should. He's a young guy playing poker as his primary source of income (I think) and it makes for interesting writing. He doesn't read my blog - at least I don't think he does - based on the fact I'm on his "Poker Blogs I don't Read, but are Halfway Decent From What I've Seen" list. Not complaining, just think it is funny. I'm in good company with 9 2 Offsuit, Bobby Bracelet and Skitch. Those guys are great reads so I'm happy to be lumped in with them. Moving on...

I often listen to music while playing poker and I really think it helps me focus. That may sound strange, but hear me out. With two kids all over the place playing and the TV always kicking, the music pumping through the head phones gives me focus directed towards the computer. That's a good thing. I may be taking in the music, but it helps me block out the rest. This is not to say I avoid the family, as that is not even close to the case. In fact, I bought the laptop mainly so I could be closer to them while being a degenerate pokah playa. Now I can be on the computer and still be in the living room to keep up with the kiddies and hang with wifey. Before the laptop, I felt like I was off in a cave when I played on the computer in the bedroom. Good for focus, bad for family interaction.

What I've been listening to of late:

Interpol
Modest Mouse
The Mars Volta
Postal Service
Coldplay
Nine Inch Nails
Nick Drake

I gotta say, The Mars Volta is just kicking my ass lately. They are amazing. I hope to see them live as I've heard it is an incredible show. I've seen a couple of the live videos on the Cable On-Demand and it was sweet. If you haven't heard of them go check it out.

As you may recall from my last post, I was supposed to host a poker game on Friday night. The Bad...said game was cancelled due to only 4 players being able to make it. Sucks when you think you have a good game going and people bail. Bastardos! The Good...I did my taxes. Talk about a 180 huh?! So why was doing my taxes a good thing. Looks like we'll be getting the most we've ever gotten back and the timing couldn't be better. I still have a few things to clear up, but hopefully I'll be able to get a check soon.

I'm gonna take a chance and ask this question here in hopes a poker playing CPA/Tax Advisor is reading and willing to give some free advice. One of the things I need to clear up...In the Credits section I am listing an amount for Child and Dependent Care Credit for daycare expenses, but it always lists it as $0 when I get to the end as if I cannot claim it. Does anyone know if there would be a reason why I can't list the amount I pay for my son to go to preschool on my taxes? I know I did it last year. Last year I did a Standard Deduction and this year I am doing an Itemized and wasn't sure if that made a difference. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to avoid shelling out anymore dough than I already have...

Men, it is getting close to Valentine's Day. If you haven't already, get those reservations made before it is too late and you find yourself taking wifey/girlfriend (or both for some of you playas) to Denny's and getting no nookie for you! There, that's my good deed for the day.

And with that, I must end this here post. I have a busy week ahead of me so we'll see how things go with posting the rest of the week...

posted by TripJax @ 3:11 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home