Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Zoom Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom Zoom

*edit* I changed the original picture to the left cause I was catching shit for it being a mini-van (damn the man). Of course, I asked for it for what I wrote below. Does this picture look any less mini-van...ish? I swear, when you see it in person it doesn't look like a mini-van. I figured having people in the pic might give some perspective. Damn the man! *end edit*

Thanks to those who commented on my post yesterday. I think surflexus hit the nail on the head by noting that he would split a shorthanded live SNG, especially if it made sense and there were people waiting to play another game. However, initiating a split of an online SNG at the level I was playing (approximately $70 total payout) just makes me feel dirty. Play to win folks. Sure at the higher levels where the money is huge, if it makes sense to split then consider it, but where I'm at right now, I'm playing to win.

As you may be able to gather from the pictures, I took the leap yesterday and bought a new car. Rest in peace 1991 Sunbird. You were good to me, but alas you must go. I had been looking for a car that would work for a growing family, but wasn't boring like the old standard mini-vans.


I think I got everything I could ask for in the Mazda5. I'm having a hard time explaining what type of car it is. It is not a mini-van, but it has mini-van capabilities. Eventually I'll come up with the best way to explain it. For now, don't call it a mini-van or wifey will bring out the beating stick on my bastard ass.

Initially we were interested in the Chrysler Pacifica, but the price tag was a little hefty for my budget. The M5 solved all my problems. I'd like to thank everyone who helped me with their input, especially Hoff and THG. Thanks again guys. And don't call it a mini-van...my wife will get pissed.


I don't have a lot of poker content today as I've tried to take a mini break from thinking about pokery stuff. In my head I'm gearing up for my first brogger live tournament coming up this Saturday. I plan to play a couple times online before I head to the Queen City so I'm not rusty. I can't wait to meet some of the brogging crew since I've been unable to make any of the live WPBT events. Watch ladies and gents, I'm bringing my top notch B game. I'll be driving down to Charlotte Saturday morning and may stay Saturday night to hit the town with friends or fellow broggers if the opportunity arises. Thanks Falstaff for putting together this *cough* play money tournament *cough*.

I've gotta get a couple of TV thoughts out of my head, so please bear with me a moment. First, I'm an avid 24 fan. I've watched every episode and can't seem to get enough. However, if they try and "hold Jack accountable" for one more friggin' thing I may throw the remote. How much can one man do for his country, yet still be arrested at least once a season for his actions. That's kind of getting old. Still, I love the show. And, yes, I know it is just a show.

Second, when did MTV2 become MTV all over again. I thought the point of MTV2 was to get back to all videos all the time. Seems like every time I tune into MTV2, they're showing Cribs or some other reality show, just like MTV morphed into. Lame. Maybe I'm getting old. Maybe they are wankers. I don't know, but I just think they should show some f'ing videos.

I watched the 1997 WSoP last night, the one where Stu Ungar won his 3rd championship. The dude Stu went up against heads-up seriously sucked out earlier to get to the final two, then got sucked out on by Stu. In a key hand he held 10 10 against K K and a 10 had already been folded. However, he nailed the case 10 on the river to stay in the match with 3 remaining. From there he made it heads up and got it all in against Stu. Stu needed a 2 or a 4 to win the final hand and hit his 2 on the river. When the 2 came on the river, the other dude looked pretty shocked. Just like that he went from a guy who might have made it on "the wall", to a guy I now call dude cause I can't remember his name.

I know he probably curses that 2 all the time, but hopefully he has not forgotten the case 10 that put him in position to play heads-up with one of the greats. And as for Stu, obviously one suckout does not mean he did not deserve to win the tournament. He worked his chip stack to a huge amount which afforded him the ability to play his game. Luckily for him, the cards went his way in the end.

That's it for me folks. Work beckons.

posted by TripJax @ 10:39 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home