Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Iggy & DADI

As I've mentioned before, when I first started brogging I truly believed I was the only person reading this drivel. It was ignorant of me to think that you could write something on the internet, make it public, and expect that no one else would read it. Still, for a while I had no reason to believe anyone was reading as I had no site tracker and had not received a comment. I was a newbie to the extreme.

On a day like any other, back "in the year two thousand...and four", I received my first comment. Looking back on that moment I must admit it was uberghey of me, but I was very excited. I had no idea who would take the time to make a comment about anything I had written up to that point. As it turns out,
Iggy was my first comment. Thanks Iggy for popping my brogger cherry. There I go with ubergheyness again.

It seems
Iggy is making an exit of sorts so I figured I would pay a small tribute. I'm still not sure I understand what is going on and what the future holds, but regardless, he deserves a moment of my time. Iggy, thanks for everything you've done for the brogging community and thanks for some good talks in the past. I'm bummed that I've yet to be able to hoist a brew with you, but I know that time will come whether you have a brog or not.

I've seen some great posts about
Iggy so far from the likes of Al, Doc Pauly, Jordan and many others. I hope we see something soon from The Speaker of the House. I mean, it's the part he was born to play right?!



If you haven't seen Jordan's most recent post, then let me clue you in on another retirement of sorts. After tomorrows tourney, the journey that is DADI will be coming to an end. That's right folks, DADI is buying a Cadillac and moving to Del Boca Vista in Florida.

We started the DADI series as a way to get together and have some fun on the virtual felt. At the time, the WPBT online events were on hiatus and there was not much else going on. Nowadays there is a tournament almost every day of the week. I personally enjoy playing these weekly events and have found it more and more difficult to find a way to make DADI fit in the equation both as a player and a planner. I don't see this as a bad thing, just a casualty of continued growth in the brogosphere.

We never expected DADI to grow the way it has. I mean, we even managed to help send a brogger to a WSoP event in 2006! Still, the landscape of brogger tourneys is ever changing and it just feels right to send DADI off on a high note. All the above said, we hope to see you there tomorrow night.
Here are details or just look at my previous post.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 11:03 AM,

4 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

You are a creative comic genius.

Just in case I never told you that before.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger DuggleBogey said...

I'm curious, why the callout to Speaker on this one?

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Thanks Iak...I appreciate it.

Duggle...Iggy's blog is, in a sense, now dead. To that end, many folks are offering eulogies.

Speaker's blog is titled "The Obituarium" and, as I'm to understand, he writes obituaries for a living. Plus, he is a damn good, creative writer. I figured it made sense that he would whip out a masterpiece.

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing last night...looking forward to the DADI tonight. Sad to see it go...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home