Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Person Of Interest

On Saturday I went to a Halloween party that was being held at a building deep in the woods. The host always does it up right and makes the whole place rather creepy. This year I decided to take a similar direction and make my outfit creepy. I was not, however, scary or creepy in the typical Halloween sense. Instead I went in another direction.

The party started at 8pm and I got clearance from the host to come early and hang posters throughout the building. The picture to the left is the poster I put up all over the place. I then went back to my house and put on my outfit which consisted of a dirty collar shirt, tight corduroy pants, greasy hair, a mustache (I shaved everything but a scummy mustache) and scumbag sunglasses.

It wasn't so much that I had a costume on, but once I put on the above items, I became the scumbag dude. Having the posters already up at the party at least got a small buzz from those already there since they didn't know if it was the real deal or if it was a prank. The building is normally a Police and Fire Fighters Club so it wouldn't be too outlandish to have that type of poster up.

We finally rolled up to the party around 10pm and almost immediately people started giving the quizzical look. "Is that the dude from the poster?" All I can say is it was an absolute blast playing a Person Of Interest. It was like having a free pass to talk sleazy to any and everyone. My typical introduction went something like this...

"Hey Sweet Cheeks...have you met my momma's basement? I got the whole 1500 square feet to myself...and it's totally heated."

Thankfully, almost everyone there thought it was funny and played along with my shenanigans. The posters definitely helped my cause and the costume would not have been the same without them. All in all it was a capital experience.



It's about time to pimp some blogger tourneys, which I have not done in a while. I haven't played the Hoy in a while due to bankroll issues, but I might try and play tonight if things work out. Monday's are often bad for me as well which is another reason I haven't made it in a while.


Mondays:



I also haven't played the WWdN in a while.


Tuesdays:



And who could forget my favorite weekly blogger tourney.


Wednesdays:



I don't know if I've ever played this one, but I might have to soon.


Thursdays:



One of my favorite ideas is the newly created "Big Game" which is apparently going to be every two weeks. I made the final table in the first one, but not sure if I'll be able to play this next one. I gotta get working on another token.




And of course, I can't forget the DADI of them all. This one is $26 so be sure and get your token now. I've heard the hosts of this tourney are pretty cool, though one of them is apparently a Person Of Interest. Yikes! Fight The Power, people, and play DADI X.

Random Weekdays Once Per Month:



Sundays:

There are also WPBT events on Sundays and you can check out Byron's site at http://biggestron.com for details on those tourneys. I've missed those lately, but I think I may still be in the Top 100. I'll have to check that out soon.

So that is it for now.

Laterz

posted by TripJax @ 12:19 PM,

4 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger DuggleBogey said...

I then went back to my house and put on my outfit which consisted of a dirty collar shirt, tight corduroy pants, greasy hair, a mustache (I shaved everything but a scummy mustache) and scumbag sunglasses.

This costume also works as a poker player.

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the poster...great idea.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Great fuckin' idea. Maybe next year I'll do the same thing from a Homeland Security point of view and have a sketch of myself up. On second thought, in these humorless times that's as likely to get me deported back to Toronto as anything else I could get up to.

I'm in for DADI - cya there

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Love it..wish I coulda been there you outlaw you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home