Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



An Open Letter To Full Tilt Poker

Full Tilt,

I love you guys. I really do. Not only do you seem to look out for us poker bloggers, but you also employ a few of our poker blogger brethren. And lest I forget the recent stance you took in response to the online gambling bill. That is quite cool of you. In return for all this coolness, I'm going to do my best to play most of my poker with you, and promote your games to anyone willing to listen.

All the above noted, I have a favor to ask. And this isn't even one of those griping favors. It's just a friendly favor from a current client. See the thing is, I love those token tourneys you offer. You know the ones where you can easily satellite into bigger token tourneys or larger buy-in MTT's. Those things are the shizzy.


Here's where the favor comes in. I loves me some 6 max SNG action and I see that you have a $6 + $.60 buy-in Tier One token tourney where 1st gets a $26 token and second gets $10 cash. However, I'm bummed that you don't also have a 6 max SNG Tier Two with a $24 +$2 buy-in. Here is my idea for another Tier Two option and my thoughts why:

Option 1

Type: Tier Two SNG
Players: 6-max
Blinds: 6 minutes
Buy-in: $24 + $2 (via token or straight buy-in)
1st Place: $75 Token
2nd Place: $26 Token
3rd Place: $26 Token
4th Place: $17
5th & 6th: Group Hug


OR

Option 2
Type: Tier Two SNG
Players: 6-max
Blinds: 6 minutes
Buy-in: $24 + $2 (via token or straight buy-in)
1st Place: $75 Token
2nd Place: $43
3rd Place: $26
4th - 6th: Group Hug


Okay, so the group hug thing is just me being a dumbass, but the rest seems to be legit if my numbers don't fail me.


For option 1...

Here is where things get pretty cool, both for your customers and you, Mr. Full Tilt. Notice that 4 out of the 6 players make a token or get some money back. 1st place is extremely happy as he/she accomplished their goal of getting a $75 token. 2nd and 3rd place get their buy-in back, including rake, and live to see another day. At this point they can go at it again at Tier Two or head on over to a $26 MTT. 4th place is bummed, but gets a little consolation prize of $17 for their efforts. 5th and 6th place console each other and cry themselves to sleep at night.

Notice something cool about the above Option 1 scenario? The 2nd and 3rd place finishers are paid back exactly what they used to enter the SNG, therefore in a round about way, you have just guaranteed yourself more rake without looking like a bad guy. Hell your players will be happy that you are offering a SNG where half the players either win the big token or win another chance to try for it.

Now if you are concerned about players bitching about constantly being stuck in Tier Two Token SNG purgatory (because they keep finishing in 2nd or 3rd place) you could just as easily make the payouts for 2nd and 3rd $26 cash. Chances are they are still going to have a go at the Tier Two SNG again or at the very least buy-in to a $26 MTT.

For Option 2...

It's a little more simplified. You pay half the players on a decreasing scale based on their finish. The only one to get a token is 1st place and 2nd and 3rd get cash. This might be the easier option.

What do you (and my readers) think?

Lets Light This Candle.

posted by TripJax @ 5:48 PM,

4 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

No inappropriate touching in the group hug?

I like option one. "Awards" more places and only a true suckout or bad play would net you a courtesy reach-around instead of a replay or big token.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

i like option 2. 2nd and 3rd getting paid the same in opt 1 doesn't appeal to me. 4-6 can do a group hug and play grab ass after they donk out.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger katitude said...

I personally think the Group Hug should get moved up a notch or two...especially if there is inappropriate touching.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger slb159 said...

I'll take the opposite approach to smokkee. Well, not opposite, but a different idea.
I think the reason most of us play those peeps is because multiple people get the 26$ token.
With the turbos, yes, you have to luckbox some hands, but with 6 min blinds as you suggest, it would be quite difficult to take 1st place, unless you busted out multiple players. Yes, you'd have to be a poker idiot not to cash in one of the options that you suggested, but I would rather see less payouts, and top two getting the "uber-token" as Ick calls it, but I'm not in the mood to figure out a prize pool, but I know you'd have to put up more than a token for this to happen. Token + a bit o cash as entry fee? Don't know, just an off-the-wall suggestion and it'd be confusing for some, but just my thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home