Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Hey Blogger...Here's An Idea...

Another short post today peeps. Time is money and I need more of both...

Have you ever left a comment on someones blog that you wanted to make sure you checked back on later? Maybe you asked a question or wanted to see the responses other people give. I do that shit all the time, but my problem is I read so many damn blogs and comment on a good number of them that I forget who, when and where I commented.

Here's an idea...

If you are leaving a message on a Blogger post and you have a Blogger account, Blogger should offer an option where you check a box if you would like to be emailed to your Blogger email account anytime someone replies to that particular post. That way, if you leave that particular person a comment that you want to remember to check back on for a response, you can have it emailed to you.

If there is already something out there like that, please let me know. If not, hey blogger, whatcha think?!

That is all.

posted by TripJax @ 4:57 PM,

12 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

I've been trying to push for threaded comments FOREVER. Livejournal does it this way, and it's so damn convenient. The lack of this option in blogger is the main reason I don't comment on other's blogs or rarely respond to comments on mine. I hate having to check back!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

I like it. It's a good idea. Until now i have just assumed after I commented somewhere the blog in question ceased to exist as its raison d'etre had been accomplished.

which reminds me: how is it this one is still running strong?

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about blogger, but in wordpress you can get comment feed on the whole blog by adding /comments/feed/ after the domain name, and comment feed on an individual post by adding /feed/ at the end of a posts url . Try looking up comment feeds for blogger to see if it's possible.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

def a good idea package it and ship it over to blogger support

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger CC said...

I always fear if I respond to a comment all comments will cease, so I rarely respond to comments.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

I concur!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My mountaineering forums do that all the time. It's great. Good idea.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Half the time I respond with comments, dang blogger eats it and doesn't post it. I agree, we need better comment reply software!

Someone invent it and sell it to Google - they'll pay for anything!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Like Chad said, LJ does it.

Why can't blogger?

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

For realz...I'm gonna post my blog entry on the blogger forum when I get home. I'm sure I'm not the first to do it, but we'll see...

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger sooted said...

Great idea. I've been wanting some way to keep up with responses to comments I've left, but hadn't thought of a good solution. This one really fits the bill. I just wish they'd implement it.

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it's possible to write plugins for Blogger, but it certainly would be possible to write an application (either web based or desktop based) to check posts for new comments. But then I suppose that's what RSS is for...

Does anyone actually use RSS feeds?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home