Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



?

A few questions...

1) Anyone know if Google Reader offers an option to input code into your brog template such that your feeds are also your brogroll? I used to use Bloglines as my RSS reader, and they had this option, but I have not come across this capability with Google. Still, I like Google Reader much better than Bloglines, so I'm sticking with it. My reading list has grown since I made the move to Google a while back, but my brogroll has not since I haven't been using Bloglines. If anyone can help, please let me know.


2) Also, are there any other cool gadgets, software or technology going on in the brogosphere that I should be aware of? I'm always looking to enhance my experience with all things about my blogging, but am usually on the tail end of finding out about things. Again, any comments on cool shit would be the bomb.

3) For any poker broggers or readers out there loaded with extra
Benjamins in their bankroll, why not back me in the $100 buy-in, 100k Nightly Guarantee at Mansion Poker? As you may have read elsewhere, there has been some serious overlay in these bad boys lately. They are averaging 500 entrants, so the overlay is at or near 50k each time. I expect the entrants will increase soon, but maybe not. They are supposedly running them every night through January.

The above paragraph was written partially in jest (72.6% in jest). I highly doubt anyone would offer to back me, but hell, who knows. It can't hurt to ask, especially since the overlay is so sweet and I'm feeling very good about my MTT game of late. If it helps, I won an MTT at Mansion last month for over 1k payday. That's obviously nothing compared to the larger guarantee tourneys, but it's something.
"Sixty percent of the time, I win every time."

Serious inquiries please email me at the email listed aboveā€¦Snide comments and good natured ribbing reserved for the comments section below.

Well, that will have to do it for me today. I'm taking tomorrow off from work to get an early start on MLK Day. You might find me at the tables.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 1:05 PM,

8 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not know if this helps, but
http://www.niallkennedy.com/blog/archives/2005/12/google_reader_a.html
This explains the API for Google Reader. There is a section on Subscription list. I am not all the great a coding, so I do not know if it helps or not. There has to be some way using the Subscription List to get what you are looking for. Good Luck.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Write some Javascript code you lazy bastard. lol. I can help if you want.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Waffles,
The only Java I know anything about is coffee. I may come lurking on Yahoo Messenger looking for you...we'll see.

Neil,
I'll check that out. Thanks!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger gadzooks64 said...

Anybody that uses Google Reader can use it to subscribe to your page without you having the code on the page.

I use it to subscribe to any Blogger blogs I want to subscribe to.

But, it would be nice to have an RSS feed embeded.

Check out the Settings/Goodies/Subscribe button to install a Subscribe button on your toolbar that will find an RSS feed for many places that don't have one blatantly posted on the page.

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Google Reader...haven't seen what you're looking for.

Thanks for playing last night.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

gadzook...I think you misunderstood (or maybe I'm confused). I don't need anything to subsribe to their page on my template, nor do i need anything for them to subscribe to mine...I just want a code on my template such that all the feeds I'm subscibed to will show as a blogroll on my blog. Fushizzle.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think part of my point was that they weren't really great plays. I did call once in position and once out of position. I think I called the raise in position and limped out of position. In fact, yeah, that's what happened. You brought this up in a post not long ago. I think my thinking originally was that if I could hit a set I would probably bust someone and be well into the lead. But still, that cost me some chips, and that along with those folds to re-raises (which I knew what he was doing, too, re-stealing, but I had nothing and I'm not at a stage where I can push yet), plus then getting blinded a bit with crappy cards, and finally the push with QQ.

Sigh. A frustrating night. The only thing that makes me feel better is I would have lost with the QQ anyway, probably, so I would have just given him more chips. Except I might have been able to just call the raise and then pushed on the flop, and it's doubtful he would have called with just A,K at that point.

Bah.

:(

P.S. I love poker. :)

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New blog tools? How about something which isn't Blogger? ;-) At least you have your Blogger set up to allow non-Blogger users to leave comments. There's many p-bloggers that haven't figured that one out yet.

Your question about Google Reader - You can export your feeds as an OPML file. Some blog tools have options/plugins for converting an OPML file to a blogroll.

Have a great weekend, TJ!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home