Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



World Series of Okie: Thank You Sir May I Have Another?

So after a huge sucko de mayo experience at a local mexican restaurant - seriously guys, one bartender for a restaurant with a couple hundred people? - I decided to fire up a quick poker game to ease my mind.  That's right, I chose poker to EASE my mind.  I'm a terard.


I decided on a $14 turbo 45 player SNG.  Obviously I didn't quite do my homework as this turned out to be a super turbo with starting chips of 300 and blinds increasing every 3 minutes.  I had heard of (and even played a couple of times) these tables as satellites to larger buy-in tournaments, but I didn't realize they were just regular SNGs now.


So when my first hand was in the BB blind with A6 and only 2 callers, I obviously stuffed my whole 300 chips in the middle.  I ended up against KK and an Ace with a better kicker than mine.  Thankfully I hammered home a crack-ass straight with my 6 to the 10.  Yeah, that's how I roll.  One hand later I took out another player and had a pretty decent tournament chip lead for a while.  I probably held the chip lead for about 50% of the tournament.


In the end I took home 2nd place and here are my current stats:


My own little World Series of Okie challenge.

Full Tilt Poker...

Starting Balance:
May 1, 2009 10:56pm
$160.15

Current Balance:
May 5, 2009 12:09am
$314.40
$26 Token

Goal:
$1000




I'll take a near double increase in my bankroll with one 45 minute tournament any friggin' day.  And with that, I'm out.


Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 10:01 PM,

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Anonymous GaryC said...

Hook it up bro, I need my wing man back this year.

G

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

i'd suggest using your token for one of the FTOPS sats, preferably a non-turbo so you don't have to resort to ship and pray in 30 mins. they're loaded with donktards with a dream. convert the T$ to cash money or used them for sngs.

GL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home