Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



The "Mug" Of "Unnecessary" Trust

One of my favorite blogs to frequent is The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotes.  Since my first visit to the site in 2008, I've made it a point to take pictures of any quotation marks I see misused.  I eventually submitted a pic to the website in late 2008 and then completely forgot about it when I didn't get a response back.  Then, out of no where, I got an email from the blog owner in April 2009 that my "Trust" Us post picture had been published.  The post has sat in my Google Reader queue for months now and I'm just now motivated enough to post it here.

The short story short is I was washing my coffee mug at work one morning when I noticed the coffee mug motto on the bottom.

SWEDA:  The Name You Can "Trust"

Now here is what kills me about this.  Most of the time the failed quotation marks are from poorly hand written comments from random ass idgets; you know, the stuff you see on bulletin boards and restaurant signs.  That said, I always need a second take when I see a product manufactured by an actual company that sucks with quotes.  I realize it is probably a foreign outfit trying to look good for U.S. & A., but damn.

Like one of the comments from the post, I orignally thought it said, "The Name You Can't Rust," but nope, that wasn't it.

Sorry for the blurry picture, but the lighting was bad and it is an iPhone, so not exactly high mega-pixel quality here.

Anyway, since I actually made the cut, I thought I would share with you all.

Posted via email from TripJax

posted by TripJax @ 10:45 PM,

3 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

My realtor's email signature ends in "Realtor". Should I "trust" him?

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I think the quotes make it seem like you can't trust them. Like The Name You Can "trust" *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Iak said...

This sounds like W got hired as their marketing maven...
Consider that an apolitical Canuck take on it, but I looked at that and it just screamed my buddy W.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home