Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Made The Final 18 Of The Bodog Mini Poker Series Final Tomorrow. 1st Place Gets $12,000 Prize Package. Let's Light This Candle...

After an interesting semi-final tournament last night, I made it to the Bodog Mini Poker Series Final (see below for details).  There were about 120 runners last night and I started out red hot.  In the first 20 minutes I became the chip leader after doubling up with an open-ended straight flush draw that filled, then doubled again with a set of 8's against a dude super happy with his top pair 9s with Jack kicker.  I held the chip lead for quite a while, but eventually couldn't get any traction and lost it due to the rising blinds and other stacks building up.

I did manage to build my stack in the later stages of the tournament, but ultimately bubbled the final table, finishing in 10th place.  I was fine with that result as the top 18 finishers made it to the final.  Only 1st place tacked on another $270 in tourney credits, so I didn't lose any sleep in my 10th place finish.  If I understand this correctly, there should only be 18 runners and the top 9 get prizes, with 1st taking down a $12,000 prize package to the WSOP 2010.  I wouldn't mind getting in on that action.

One last note before I go.  I ended up at the same table as NewInNov for quite a while.  I haven't played onrine poker with him in a long time, so it was good to chat while donking it up on the felt.  He played well, but missed the cut-off for the final 18.  Okay I'm on vacation so I gotta roll.  We are off to see the alligators at Alligator Adventure.  Hope I don't lose my raise/fold button clicking finger in an alligator attack.  And with that...

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

--------------------------------------------


Hi TripJax, 

Congrats, you’ve advanced to the Bodog Mini Poker Series Final! You’re now one step closer to winning one of the first seats to the 2010 WSOP* Main Event! 

The Final event is tomorrow, July 23rd at 8:35pm ET.

Here’s how you register: 
    • Click on the ‘Scheduled Tournament’ tab at top of the screen
    • Choose the ‘Special’ Tab 
    • Select Tournament ID

Prizes
    • 1st place grand prize: One of the FIRST seats to the 2010 WSOP* 
       Main Event and one of the first Team Bodog 2010 memberships 
       (a prize package worth $12,000).

    • 2nd and 3rd place prize: Bodog Poker Open IV Prize Package 
       (or a buy-in to every event in the BPOIV to be hosted in the fall of 
       2009).

    • 4th and 5th place prize: A seat to any Bodog Flight Club Semifinal 
       (valued at $270)

    • 6th to 9th place prize: T$162


Play Hard. 


Bodog Poker

Posted via email from TripJax

posted by TripJax @ 7:13 PM,

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Looks like I was wrong...there are already 72 players registered for the final, so it is not just 18 players to navigate through. I'm still pumped about my chances...

 
At 6:29 AM, Anonymous The Short Stacked said...

Congrats, So how did ou do in The final? are you one of the first people to be qualified for next years Main event?

The Short Stacked

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger PokahDave said...

Nice job dude....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home