Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



What This Fetal Heart Monitor Test Needs Is More Cowbell

I know this is a poker blog, but damnit it seems like so much else is happening these days that I just have to throw in some other stuff. I'll get to poker in just a minute...

Today my wife and I had to go to the Pregnancy Center for a last minute ultra sound. She's 7 1/2 months at this point and during her check-up yesterday they determined that the baby may be under developed. To rule out any problems and find out how much the baby weighs they scheduled us for this afternoon. Turns out the baby is above average for her weight and they determined that she just needs to take it easy to avoid any complications with contractions and such.

As part of the check-up today they also did a fetal heart monitor test which evaluates the babies heartbeat. They like to see the babies heart beat increase at a minimum twice in a 20 minute span. One of the things they do to attempt to increase the babies heart rate is pull out this cowbell and start banging on it in front of the mothers belly. No shit. So here we are today, chilling in this little room with gadgets attached to her belly, and all of a sudden the nurse whips out a cow bell and starts going to town on it. I almost wanted to get up and do a hee haw dance. When the nurse left the room, my wife and I burst into laughter. We were both thinking the same thing...Will Ferrell and his cowbell. We started replaying the skit as we remember it and were having a good time with it. Interestingly, every time she broke into laughter, the babies heart rate went up. Good stuff

On to poker...tonight should be exciting as I'm scheduled to play in a 22 person max $100 buy-in NL Hold'em tournament. All the spots are filled and the prize money has already been set. First place will bring a cool $1000 and the top 5 spots get paid. I've played with most of these boys so I like my chances. Should be fun. I'll report back tomorrow on the outcome.

As for online play, I assed away my remaining roll on Full Tilt and only have enough to play the H.O.R.S.E WPBT event. Probably for the best as I have plenty to do over the next couple of weeks before I plan to reload. Sadly, the worst part about my deposit is I barely played off any of the 100% deposit bonus that they offer. I think I have $4.80 pending release. I don't exactly understand how their system works. I think you accumulate points until you reach a level where they release 10% and then they start over again. I note this because, on my $60 deposit, they listed my next available release as $6.00 and I had the $4.80 amount rising until I busted out. How lame is it when I can't even release a $6 pending bonus. I'll have to reload and work on the bonus a little better next time. I recall reading on a poker blog recently something to the tune of...don't play differently just because you are working off a bonus...play within your means. When you play differently you are not playing your game and it will show in your results. I think this is a good point and one that I need to stick to on my next attempt at this bonus boobery. In an attempt to give credit, I want to say it was either ScurvyDog or PokerQuest who gave the good advice, but I don't have time to go back and look. I think one wrote about crypto bonusing and the other wrote about playing within your means. Both good things to know about. My italics above were no where near verbatim, just what I remember taking from their statement.

Wish me luck tonight in the $100 buy-in tourney and I'll see you at the WPBT tourney, though I'll be writing again before then.

posted by TripJax @ 7:56 PM,

2 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get your site heard in our physician directory
Make us your homepage and read the daily updated articles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home