Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Jest Cause

Jest Cause

I must say, you bloggers continue to amaze me. The DADI PLO8 tournament played out last night with an amazing 47 entrants. With the game choice straying from the typical Hold'em, we figured the field would be chopped in half from the first DADI event that garnered 60+ entrants. To be honest, when I saw 20 entrants midday yesterday I was happy. Thanks to all who played and or pimped the event in advance. Obviously, this doesn't happen without you all.

As for the play, Jestocost absolutely annialated the final table en route to a very impressive win. I played with him early at the first table, but don't really recall how he went from A to Z in winning it. Regardless, congrats on a big win. My play was quite ho hum as I managed to get to the final two tables, but was knocked out in 13th place - 4 away from the money - by Felicia.

My knockout was uneventful as I was down to 1000 chips and had 600 of those pushed in the middle as the big blind. With, I think, an A47J hand I had to put my final 400 in and hope for the best. Alas, it was not to be. Kudos to you, Felicia, and all the others who made it to the final table.

My failure to cash in the tourney was eased by the two last longer sidebets. In essence I paid $11 for the tourney and won $10 total on the sidebets. Under the circumstances, I'm happy to walk away giving PokerStars their $1 and calling it a night. I enjoyed the competition Sumo Shark and The Drizz All-Stars (sans Trauma...insert Waffle). Lets do it again sometime.
******************************
We're going to give the DADI series a rest for a little while and then bring it back maybe in February. There's talk of a Heads-Up tourney for DADI III. We'll see. In the meantime, I'm sure other options will surface over the next few weeks. I've heard rumor of a H.O.R.S.E. tournament at FullTilt, but don't really know any details. If anyone can clue me in please do via the comments.
******************************
This is not something I bring up often as I try not to flood my posts with shill stuff, but I just wanted to take a moment to thank anyone and everyone who has ever signed up for a site or promotion using my bonus code. I really do appreciate you keeping me in mind when deciding who to use. I've had a few sign-ups on FullTilt recently which is pretty cool. I really dig FullTilt so I'm glad to see my readers are giving them a chance. And when I say readers, I know one sign up is a non blogger and I'm thinking my most recent sign-up is also a non blogger. I'll leave out screen names in case you don't want to be listed, but if you are reading this, thank you.
******************************
I know it's a little late for the DADI PLO8 tournament, but for general knowledge I found this atricle by Barry Mulholland in CardPlayer interesting. For anyone who wants more insight into raising with only the nut low and being "quartered", check it out. You may be surprised by his general viewpoint. I was.
******************************
For the time being, my connection problems are solved. I didn't get the resolution I truly wanted, but at least I can now play poker without the stress of being kicked from the table every other hand. Basically I eliminated the wireless router from the equation and hardwired my laptop directly from the cable modem. This means I'm no longer really wireless, but for the most part it is no big deal.
A while back I moved the cable modem and router from the bedroom into the living room in hopes that my connection problems would clear up. I do most of my "computing" in the living room so I thought that might help. It didn't, but it did allow me to easily hardwire from the cable modem and still be in the living room. I can still sit on the couch with the family and be online, but now I have a cord sticking out of the laptop. For now, I'll take it.
Immediately I could tell a difference in my attitude towards the game. Not worrying about whether I would be timed out or kicked from the table, I went on a run at the cash games on Hollywood. Then, as a little prep for the DADI PLO8 tourney, I played a SNG and won the damn thing (see below). I then played well in the DADI, but as I noted above, finished a little short. For the last few months, with my bad connection, I've been standing in the ring with my gloves by my side taking hit after hit. It is nice to finally get back in the ring with my gloves up able to block the hits. I'm not saying my connection problems were the sole reason for my downturn, but I can already see a difference in my attitude and my play as a result of the fix. I am optimistic for things to come. That is refreshing.
******************************
I have some interesting topics I'm brewing for the next few posts, but I just have to find the time to write them. I'll work on them and hopefully get them out for next week. We'll see. In the meantime, thanks for reading this far.

posted by TripJax @ 9:18 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home