Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Ready, Set, Goal!

Ready, Set, Goal!

I didn't touch the computer last night. I could have, but didn't. I just wanted a peaceful night on the couch with wifey and, erm, the National Championship. I didn't really care who won the game, but I predicted Texas would pull it out.

I think it was very good for the game to have Texas win the championship. Do we really need more dynasty talk? Frankly, I'm glad to see the way things panned out. I'm guessing Wonka is a happy man as well. Kudos to you Longhorns.

Though I didn't play any poker last night, I did put some thought into what I would like to accomplish in 2006 (check out the cool 2006 pic). I'm gonna keep it simple and try not to conquer the world. I don't want to dream up goals that I either don't really want to accomplish or are set so high I will be unhappy attempting to meet them. To that end, I offer my goals:


I may add or adjust this list as time goes on, but these are the things that jumped out at me. The bankroll growth is pretty high because I have such a small bankroll right now. I cashed out my full roll to pay for our 2005 family vacation and some other things and have slowly built it back up to around $250 (sad right?!) I would like to get that up to around $2000+ and go from there. I think the best way for me to accomplish this is to focus on my SNG Challenge which is built on increasing or decreasing your buy-in as it pertains to your current bankroll.

******************************

If anyone would like to pimp the DADI: Special Omalympics tournament on their blog sidebar, just let me know and I'll give you the source code for the thumbnail I have in my Announcement box.

******************************

For anyone who read the above bullet points and is wondering what the heck is Okie-Vegas, click the link and check it out. Just read the post and about halfway down you'll see Okie-Vegas explained.

******************************

I took a pretty tough beat away from the tables yesterday when I took my car to the shop for repairs. When driving for more than 10 minutes or so I start to smell gas and have problems with the car wanting to go when I step on the gas. I figured it was something to do with the fuel injection, fuel filter, gas pump or something along those lines. I know diddly about cars so I was grasping at what it could be. Turns out I have a beat up head gasket and two of the cylinders are filling up with water/antifreeze. I got an estimate for fixing it from two different places and both were in the $1000 range.

This pretty much sux as my car isn't worth $1000. It's a dinosaur, a 1991 Pontiac Sunbird, but it is paid for and has very low mileage for its age (less than 85,000 miles). So now I have to make a decision on fixing it and continue not having a car payment - with a risk of having more problems in the future - or buying a new/used car and starting another car payment. Both of our cars are paid for and it has been nice not having to deal with a car payment for a while, especially since wifey isn't working right now. For now, I'm driving a car with only 2 cylinders working for me until I can figure out what to do. I work about 1/3 a mile from my house so until I decide I'll be going from point A to point B and back, that's it.

******************************

Speaking of life bad beat stories, it's high time I remind everyone of the share blog I created long ago, KickedInTheJunk. I never mention it here and it has been sitting dormant for a while so I figured it was time to re-energize it. Basically, KickedInTheJunk is a share blog where anyone and everyone can go and vent - anonymous or not. I, for one, try not to post hand histories or mucho bad beat stories on this blog so I figured I could create that site for when I need to vent. But don't think it is solely for poker. One of my entries was right after some assclown stole my lawnmower and I just had to get it out of my system. If you are pissed off about anything and want to get it out, that's your place. If you are solely a reader and don't have a blog, here's your chance. Jump on over and give it a whirl. Junk gets kicked everyday, but if you don't post it, no one else can feel your pain.

******************************

Well that will have to do it for today. Thanks for taking the time to spend a part of your day with me.

posted by TripJax @ 9:10 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home