Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Tracker, I Hardly Know'er

Tracker, I Hardly Know'er

Lets start this post with a nice picture. Me likey and all, but don't ya think they could have sprung for some clay chips for the photo shoot. Makes me wonder, if they went cheap with the chips and the cards, maybe there's a reason they aren't showing the models face. Maybe they went cheap in that department too. Moving on...

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been using Poker Dominator as a session tracker and for bankroll management. So far I really like what they offer, especially since it is free. One of the best things about the software is it is web based so I can access it from anywhere with a web connection. That's a good thing. If you've been looking for a way to track your game, this may be your answer, so check'em out.

A strange thing happened when I started using their software. I immediately went on a rough streak that felt like would never end. The summary graph of my total earnings looked like a ski slope where you never need a lift to the top because you just keep going down, down, down. As a result, I started dreading playing as I didn't want to continue to watch my demise - now tracked with all the bells and whistles. It's one thing to have a bad run and not really notice since you are not tracking your results. It's another to have it slap you in the face every time you sign on. I had to face a few facts, buy mainly...

I was playing scared.

Scared to continue the slump. Scared to risk anymore of my paultry bankroll. Scared to make that number in parenthesis (negative) continue to climb. I was just plain scared.

I think that is why I played beyond my bankroll this past weekend. I know that sounds opposite of what I should have done, but stick with me on this one. For the last month I had been giving myself a hard time for running bad. I was being way too critical of myself and my game considering this is a short term bad run (I hope). I needed a break, not from the game, but from the way I was managing my game. Therefore, I gave myself two chances to play $20+ buy-ins and just enjoy them. If I lose, whatever, I'm already in a slump, but if I cash I can give myself some much needed confidence.

I basically broke even in the $20 buy-ins, but I did something much more important. I quit worrying about the numbers, quit dreading playing poker and reminded myself that I enjoy this game. I also stopped treating the session tracking software like a big brother. It is just a friggin' poker bankroll - and a small one at that - not the U.S. Treasury. In other words, lighten up TripJax.

So I'm now enjoying the game more and letting the session tracker work for me and not the other way around. I'm the boss damnit.

I'd like to post more, but as always, work beckons. Don't forget the HORSE tourney...details in my announcements section over on the left...

posted by TripJax @ 10:59 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home