Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Check Into Cash

Check Into Cash

First, let me say you broggers are a funny bunch. I got exactly what I deserved in my comments yesterday, you bastardos. I laughed out loud on numerous occasions. I will continue to maintain that it is not a mini-van, but I had a good time yesterday as most of you jokingly put me in my place. Good stuff.

Last night I decided to sign onto a tourney at 8pm, right in the middle of cooking dinner. Not exactly an opportune time to do so, but I knew I could sit out a couple of hands if need be. This tournament was a tad on the strange side. It was at Hollywood Poker and was called an Easy Money tournament. Easy money as nearly half the field would get paid (33 out of 82). Of course, when +/- half the field gets paid this cuts into the payday for the final table, but still interesting since you don't have to work very hard to get into the money. I wasn't sure what to think at first, but I decided to give it a try since the fee/rake was only 1% of the buy-in, plus they added an extra $100 to the payout.

After getting dinner ready and settling into the tourney, I was IM'd by Joe at CheckItDown. We ended up chatting for a while and it was nice because between eating, playing in the tourney and chatting with Joe, I didn't even notice almost half the field get eliminated from the tourney. Unfortunately, while below the rule of 10, I pushed with AK vs QQ and didn't improve going out 5 away from the money.


I was just testing the waters with that tourney, but I'm still not sure what I think. I play to make the final table and attempt to win the whole thing, so making my money back at the cost of lowering the final table payout is not exactly what I think is best. However, it is nice to easily get into the payout and then make a run for the final table. I'm still undecided at this point. Your thoughts?

From there, Joe and I got into a chat room with Jordan, GCox, and Kipper (eventually Wonka showed up to). J, G, Joe, and I decided to play an 18 player SNG at UB while Kipper, J, and Wonka were battling it out at the PSO tournament. I just read that Kip bubbled. Damn. Not sure how J and Wonka ended in the PSO tourney.

Moving on...we had 4 broggers in the 18 person SNG and all 4 of us made it to the final 5. Only 3 places paid however and unfortunately G was knocked out in 5th place. We managed to eliminate the final non brogger to make a pretty incredible run of having an all brogger payday. I ended up finishing in 3rd when Joe flopped a set to my top pair. Joe was then knocked out when Jordan pulled a little suck out artistry on the last hand. The SNG was well played by everyone and Jordan definitely deserved to win the way he played throughout the SNG.

I played my normal aggressive style, putting the pressure on the other players with constant betting. This worked well and I only had to lay down a few hands to re-raises when I happened to not have a huge hand. Overall I was very happy with my play and my reads on the players. In one particular instance I outplayed a guy who rarely folded by betting hard into a very scary board of A J K 9 or something like that. He folded to my big bets and I showed down 44. He seemded unfazed, but I think it may have put him out a little.

Not long after I wielded the hammer and knew I was going to have to tighten up as I would probably get played back at more often. When we got to the final table I did tighten up some with weak cards, but overall I kept my aggression up enough to keep the players under pressure.

Joe, I enjoyed our chatting and the play at the SNG. You did a stellar job at the tables. My new name for you is Check Into Cash. Not because you check often (cause you don't), but just a play on your blog name and how well you did in the tourney last night. Run with it!

That's gonna have to be it for me today. I have a very busy day that includes going to see my son in his school circus performance. I'm sure it will be a trip. He is a Trip...and a Jax.

posted by TripJax @ 9:24 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home