Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



What Do You Do, WHAT DO YOU DO?!

What Do You Do, WHAT DO YOU DO?!

I have a home game tonight so I'll be slingin' chips live instead of on the virtual felt. The last time I played with this group, it was very interesting, but was one of the best times I've had playing live in quite a while. Two ladies ended up playing with us that night which was a nice change of pace. One was the wife of our host, who knew how to play Hold'em, and the other was a friend of a regular, who had never played before in her life. She got her first lesson on how to play on the first hand.

This girl was truly clueless, but ended up rolling over the table for the first 30 minutes by playing really aggressive. I was starting to think we were getting sharked until she made the comment, "Oh you mean I can use the cards on the board too?" She was serious. Ay Carumba! Her naked aggression (not that kind ya pervs) ended up catching up to her and she went out during the first hour of the first game. I ended up winning that game with some strong play and lucky suck outs at the end. Not the soul crushing two outer suck outs, but the we both have live cards and the flop helps me type.

For the second game, I ended up going out first and found out later on that the new girl won the whole thing. Hell yeah, she'll be back for more!

Even though I know you are crushed that I won't be there to play tonight, I hope you will still consider playing in Mookie's tournament tonight. Take your chance at de-throwning Sir Waffles in the "Bird Flu Waffles Tournament." See the picture in this post for details.

You're at a low limit hold'em table that is full. Everyone has an average 100BB stack give or take a few chips here and there. You've been playing for a while and see that no one at the table raises or shows aggression pre-flop, but on every hand more than half of them call. There also tends to be numerous calling stations to the river. You are in the big blind and the first card tossed to you is the 5 of diamonds.

Under the table conditions described above, and knowing your first hole card, if you could choose what your next hole card would be, what would you choose and why? Next, with the two cards you now have, what would you do when the action gets to you in the big blind and 6 people have called, but no one has raised?

What do you do, WHAT DO YOU DO?!

This is not a hand that happened to me and I'm not looking to play it to the end, but I do want to see the different answers and reasoning from my readers. However, if I get some good responses I may follow up the above scenario with a flop, turn and river.

Comment, people, comment!

posted by TripJax @ 10:42 AM,

2 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck in the live game tonight. Thanks for the pimpin'.

If I am playing 2/4 at the Plaza, I want the 6d, so that I have a chance to hit a straight flush and win the high hand jackpot. At least that's how all the 80 year olds at the Plaza play.

I would probably want the 6d or 4d. A nice suited connector in a muti-way pot. Not sure which is better to have when it comes to straight draws.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Klopzi said...

I want the Ad. When it gets to me in the BB, I min-raise.

This keeps everyone in the pot but also scares everyone into thinking I've got rockets. That way, I get to chase my nut-flush cheaply and I can always make a bit bet on the river when the flop and turn get checked around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home