Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



I Almost Forgot...

...what it feels like to win a tourney...



This is one of my largest wins ever and the first time I've won over 1k in ages. I got shit for cards most of the tourney, but managed to finesse and bully at the right times to stack up. Going to the final table I was 3rd in chips and finally woke up with a hand...KK. The flop came Q rag rag and we ended up getting it all-in. He has QK and didn't improve. That vaulted me to 1st and I never looked back. Most of the final table I sat over 100k in chips while the next closest was 40k. The rest hovered in the teens or twenties, so I never felt uncomfortable about my chances to win the thing.

The final table took forever, but I managed to get heads up with a healthy lead of almost 3 to 1. Heads-up was pretty tough and on my final hand I called with middle pair 7's, weak kicker, when there was an Ace on the board. It was a tough call, but I felt confident. I felt even better when he turned over bottom pair. Ship it!

*For the record, I think that is the first time I've ever written "ship it" in this here brog.*

Oh, I got the hammer 5 times while heads up and won 4 of the hands. The hammer pwns!

Okay, it's late and I'm tired, but I have to say, "damn I loves me some pokah."

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 1:12 AM,

28 Comments:

At 2:09 AM, Blogger Wes said...

Congratulations.

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Dawn Summers said...

No, wes, not congratulations: Chaka Khan!

:)

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

HaHa...Chaka Khan indeed. Thanks guys.

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, Trip! Congratulations.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger BadBlood said...

Nice work there. Bring some of that cash to G-Vegas.

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so proud of my win and now you've trumped it: nice win!

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Trip. What time was this at? Would have loved to be on the rail. Oh yeah, thats the beauty of playing at different sites other than the larger ones. Freaking overlay.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

D,

It was at Mansion and the final table finished up around 1am (ish).

Next time I'll definitely get on Yahoo IM and let you guys know. I just figured most people don't have that software, so I didn't want to make a big deal of it.

Thanks again everyone!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger John G. Hartness said...

Congrats, bro!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger jjok said...

very nice man! Congrats......

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger cmitch said...

Swaaaeeeeett!! Nice job!! Congrats!!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Damn sweet work Trip! You rock!

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats ! Nice score.

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats :)

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Congrats Trip.Well played!

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Trip!

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

N1 Trip!

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!!!1

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In response to comment on my blog:

Yeah, the percentages are your chance of winning after all the money is in.

As a learning player, it has really helped me internalize the percentages simply by seeing them so much, but you know one of the biggest reasons I like them? Because the fish like them. I remember back when I was just starting, I swore by PokerRoom because they had the percentages...wait for it..."just like on TV".

Thanks for stopping by, and huge congrats on your big tourney win. I love your "brog".

As if this comment isn't already long enough, I just wanted you to know that I eventually hope/plan on using your referral for Poker Savvy/Mansion, and I'll make sure you get credit. Thanks for the heads up.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big question is....Does the wife have it spent yet?

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

ChickJax will get a little for Christmas dough, but that's about it baby!

WindBreak...thanks alot...I appreciate it!

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Ignatious said...

woooohooo! kudos!

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Jax.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Wolverine Fan said...

Way to go!! Great win!!

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY NICE! Congrats

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Nice, nice work brotha...sorry to get here late, have been out an about...

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Trip! Well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home