Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Chipdrunk

A buddy of mine (yes he's giving you the bird and yes that is a cornhole board in the background)occasionally sends me the Urban Word of the Day from The Urban Dictionary whenever he thinks I will dig it. This morning I got an email from him with the below entry attached. He assumed I would already have heard this one before, but in fact I have not. I thought I would share with everyone since today is Friday and I don't have shit to write about. Thus, enjoy...

Urban Word of the Day

www.urbandictionary.com

June 29, 2007: chipdrunk

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chipdrunk&defid=2435345

In poker, having so many chips that you make bad calls and bets. It usually is the result of winning one or more big pots and usually is followed up by being "[down to the felt]"

"Eric gets chipdrunk and spews chips everywhere when he's the big stack at the table."

Interestingly, I was getting caught up on my WPT episodes on my DVR last night and there was a situation where Kido Pham did indeed get chipdrunk. He had just doubled up to gain a slight chiplead with 6 players remaining and blinds and antes starting to get out of control (in other words, no one was safe at this point). On the next hand he raised it up with K 7 h under the gun. He was reraised all-in by the SB representing more than 1/3 of Pham's chips if he calls - and again putting him in a world of hurt if he loses the hand.

At this point Kido goes into a verbal random ass conversation with the guy stating that he promises to take whatever action his opponent dictates. "If you want me call, I call...if you want me fo, I fo." As I watched, I must be honest, I believed it was a pretty damn good job of eaking out the strength of the guys hand. The guy only had A Q o and he kept his mouth shut, which Kido decided meant he did not have a monster.

In the end, even though he felt like he might be okay, Kido was going to fold the hand, but he said some gibberish about if his opponent had something or something, "I call it." That statement right there caused the tournament director to deem that he had indeed represented a call. Kido had to call at that point and he lost the hand. Not too long after he was knocked out in 5th position. He got chipdrunk and should have kept his mouth shut, but it did make for great poker on tv.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 10:55 AM,

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

I never knew it was called a cornhole board. We play it out in the cul-de-sac every happy hour and neighborhood cookout. On the last game we played I nailed three bags in the hole in a row to crush the competition. I am Cornholio!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home