Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Step Hell

I went out in The Mookie last night on a tough hand, but I didn't let it phase me. I've come to terms with the fact that we each have varying styles as well as a different thought process for each hand and things will play out as they may. There's not much you can do about it once the cards hit the felt. As the K.O.D. has mentioned time and again, once a player pays the buy-in to a tournament, they can play however they want to. Adjusting your play and your mindset to that reality is tough, but doable. We could probably all use a refresher course on that one.

I put myself in a perfect position to double up last night and it didn't work out. Nothing I can do about it so I just have to shut down the computer or move on to the next game. If I let it effect me, then I've let it effect my game. If I adjust to it and gain from it, I've let it help my game.

Okay, now that I've gotten that tripe out of the way...lets move on...



I've gone and done it. I logged onto PokerStars last night and saw that I had $2 and about 1400 FPP's. I also noticed they have the new Steps towards the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure. Well, I've gone and gotten myself into Step Hell. I once got mesmerized by the Party Poker steps and 3 weeks later, I was getting no where...very slowly.

So, of course, what do I do but fire up a Step 1 with my FPP's and get rolling. I managed to win the Step 1 and was looking good in my Step 2 to move onto Step 3, but it was not to be as I bubbled advancing. I can't remember if I was knocked back down to a Step 1 or 2, but either way, I'm already in Step Hell. I have to admit though, I'm enjoying it in the early going. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm drawn to the Step format, even though inside I curse it.

I think it's because I enjoy new ideas and different concepts for games. If you look back on my archives you'll see some "Poker Sites Take Notice" posts where I tried to come up with new ideas for poker games, or at least alternative thinking for existing games. So I guess that's why I really love seeing innovative ideas from the poker sites. I'm not saying this Step process is anything new, since Party used to do it, but it is great to see it back in a position to help players advance to larger events.

Man, I was poised for a long post, but work just snuck up and bit me in the ass. As a result...

Until next time, may the felt be with you...

posted by TripJax @ 12:26 PM,

6 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It all starts with a man and a dream...

And you just hope you can say his name when you see him.

http://picasaweb.google.com/badkatitude/OkieVegas07/photo?authkey=M5EQAvU8lyY#5090831396036120066

:-) God I love that video.

Do you find yourself drawn to the Step plan more or to the BBtoo?

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

HaHa...good stuff...

Oh I heart BBTwo, but I loves me some other poker games too...

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

ThePokerGrind.net got a seat to PCA through steps and FPPs. I know just what kind of hell you talk about.

Speaking of innovations, you like the new KO tournaments FTP has now? UB has had them forever, but UB sucks.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger post said...

Hey , i sort of understand you in regards to STEPS HELL , i finally won my seat but it was hell and tough .. i wish you luck , i wouldnt mind seeing my fellow blogger and fellow new yorker down in the bahamas

I hosted a knockout bounty tourney this past sunday , and hope to be having it every sunday night at 10 pm

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger post said...

hows step hell going? still at it?

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

They ended the steps for the PCA so I'll have to sake the ticket I currently have for their next step promotion.

In the meantime I'm in my Full Tilt Poker Turbo SNG Challenge Hell. I'm currently up about $100, but still have a ways to go to get to the next level...

Thanks for checking in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home