Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



We Talkin' 'Bout Position

No I'm not talking about position in poker, but rather my job position.  I'll get to that in a second, but first I just have to post this video...

Well I haven't posted here in over week after a pretty rough work week that involved some difficult revelations about my job.  Basically after 10 years with the firm, my position is most likely going to be eliminated in a few months.  I may be one of the lucky ones and actually get a promotion to a bigger gig within the firm, but it would require me either working in Raleigh or Charlotte and, quite honestly, everything is still up in the air with not enough details to understand things at this point.  It's been a roller coaster of emotions for my family and I this week as we weigh the options with the little info we have right now.  I'll say it did help to have a weekend to veg out and not worry so much about my future.

Unfortunately there will probably be many people within the firm who will lose their job position and not receive an opportunity for promotion or transfer.  I know it's tough times and out of my control, but it still sucks to think about.  Hell I don't even really know enough about my own scenario to feel comfortable, but I just have to believe things will work out in the end.  I'll just say everything is to be determined, but I'll try and offer an update at some point if a decision is made.

Hell maybe I should just do what so many other poker bloggers have been doing the last few years and ditch the current career for a gig in the poker industry.

On the poker front, I haven't played much lately.  I've had several people ask about how I did in the Bodog Mini Poker Series Finale.  Well I ended up finishing 15th out of 82, with only the top 9 getting any scratch.  I did play at the same table with the guy who eventually took down the tourney for a $12,000 package to the 2010 WSOP Main Event.  For full details on the finale, check out FlipChip's piece here.

And with that I must go, but I hope to be back here soon with a minor announcement of something I'm working on that at least involves online poker.  Imagine that, me writing about poker.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.  

Posted via email from TripJax

posted by TripJax @ 10:52 PM,

8 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger TenMile said...

Hope the best happens for you, Trip.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

So sorry to hear this. Best of luck to you in becoming one of the lucky ones who manages to come out on top with all this.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

Thx fellas. It's odd to feel unfortunate and fortunate at the same time. We'll see how this plays out soon...

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous WindBreak247 said...

All the best to you dude. Screw the economy.

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous smokkee said...

sorry to hear the bad news, hoping for the best.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

gl TJ. Not worth worrying about things out of your control. Although it is hard not to. Like you said things will work out. hope to hear some good news soon.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Lucypher said...

Hang in there, TJ. Don't let the bastards grind you down.
Best wishes for you and the family.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Sorry to hear the bad news....sending some good mojo your way. GL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home