Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Posting In Arrears


Homer: Whoa Barney, you brought a keg?!
Barney: Yeah, where can I fill it up?

Whenever I play a freeroll, I think of the above exchange as Barney enters Homers house for his BBBQ (the extra B is a typo). Gotta love hearing about a tournament and then seeing the lovely words freeroll next to it. Granted, it usually means the payout is low, but it is still playing poker for free with the potential for making some cash. That, folks, is a good thing. As for the freeroll, check out The Good Doctor for details...it's tonight so get with it.

Posting has been difficult as of late. I'm in the midst of preparing for an internal audit at work so I've got zero time to post at work during lunch. Between 8:30 - 6:00 I can't even think straight, so there is no chance for me to post right now. And then when I get home, I don't really want to look at a computer screen. These days, about the only time I have played any online poker is later in the night after everyone is asleep (and only then if I'm really itching to play which hasn't been the case) or a few games on the weekend.

I did manage to fit in about 15 heads up games on PokerStars this past weekend. I've really enjoyed the heads up games lately cause they usually don't take too long. I don't have to set aside hours at a time to play which is important for me right now with a newborn and a 4 year old. I more than tripled my bankroll over the weekend, but that obviously shows I had a pretty small bankroll to start with. The bulk of my roll is over at Noble right now so any money at Stars had been set aside for WPBT tourneys and heads up games. Still, I'm hoping I can continue to build my roll their with heads up games.

I've been using the following strategy to grow the roll and it has seemed to work out o.k. Basically I play the $5 heads up matches and if I win two in a row I step up to the $10 match. Regardless of my result at the $10 match I drop back down to the $5 match. Rinse, lather, repeat.

As for my play, I usually start ultra aggressive with a good amount of raising or re-raising and if I run into a player who combats my raises with all-ins, I just slow it down a little bit, but keep with the raising often enough to allow me to catch him sleeping during one of his ill advised all-ins. That was one long ass sentence.

Well, that's it for now. I have so much poker crap I have in my head that I want to write about, but I just don't have the time right now. It could be the middle of June before I really get back into a mode where work is normal, thus allowing me more time at work and home. I'll still post occasionally so keep a look out...

posted by TripJax @ 3:04 PM,

1 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on cheap poker I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to Posting In Arrears, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about cheap poker. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at cheap poker. You never know you may find some good deals!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home