Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



TripJopke


Haven't had a ton of motivation to write lately. Sorry faithful (or is that fateful) readers. I've just needed a break from poker so I'm gonna try and take it this week. I think I just miss playing live games, but it's tough with having a new addition to the family. Will probably try to play live sometime in the next couple of weeks. Maybe on a day/night when we have a baby sitter and nothing else is going on.

Before I jump into a post I have a random non poker related question. In attempt to get my lazy ass moving, I've decided to do more walking after work. Today, I took out the 4 week old for a stroll around the neighborhood(s). So here's the question...

Are you supposed to walk against traffic (on the left facing oncoming cars) or with traffic (on the right with cars to your back)?

I've always thought it was against traffic since you can see the car and they can see you. However, I was listening to a radio commercial today and it mentioned something to the tune of, "remember walkers, walk with traffic for a safer stroll." That threw me off guard cause it just didn't seem right. I don't like the idea of not being able to see what is coming, or rather, having to look over my shoulder constantly to check out what's coming. I do, however, want to be as safe as possible when walking with the baby, the boy, or the fam all together. Help me out peeps.

O.K., on to what I really planned to post about. Last night I feel like I played pretty well in the WPBT event. I was surprised to find I had made it to the final 2 tables, but knew I had some work to do to go any further. Strangely, there were quite a few short stacks because more than 1/3 of the total chips were held by the top 2 or 3 players most of the time. I can't remember exactly how things ended for me, but I'm pretty sure I had Hilton Sisters, pushed and got beat when someone rivered their Ace. I think it was Dnasty, but I'm not sure if he is a blogger or reader. Second straight tournament that I ended up busting out with the ladies (the prior one being Poker Profs freeroll). Good games regardless. I laid some bad beats and received some bad beats so it was poker as usual. And as usual, The Good Doctor has an excellent write up...I even get mentioned a couple of times. Thanks Doc!

Anyway, when we were down to 2 tables, there were numerous observers talking out of their ass. I don't mean bloggers who were railing, but some randoms who decided it was potty mouth time and dropped every pee pee, poo poo, penis, vag, and any other "bad" word they could think of in an attempt to test the censor software. It took all of 8 seconds to get old. Apparently someone complained to Stars support (which I understand) and a warning was issued to some people. Unfortunately, support took the complaint pretty broadly and they slapped the hand of anyone who said anything remotely questionable...or maybe it was just me. When it got down to around 7 players left, I was still watching from the rail and received the following pop up.

You have received a warning email regarding your language during a chat in this tournament (or something to that effect).

I'll explain now before you read the email. A few days ago I changed my pic/avatar and was bummed to see it had not been approved yet, so I was just a plain old gold background for the tourney. When the tournament started I was just writing to skitch-o-rama that the bastardos took my pic away. I was joking cause they didn't take my pic away...they just hadn't approved it. The software censored bastardos so I retyped it as bazturdos. That was it. Think that's a bit overboard on their part? As a sidenote, I use bastardos when joking around and got the word from the movie Boondock Saints. If you've never seen that movie, stop reading and go rent/buy it. You'll like it.

Moving one...here's the email and my response to them...

********************

PokerStars Support wrote:

Hello TripJax,

We have received a complaint regarding some things you said in chat at our tables. I have reviewed the chat log and did find some of your comments to be inappropriate.Our goal at PokerStars is to be a fun place to play, where everyone can feel comfortable. Foul language and abuse of other players takes away from everyone's enjoyment, and therefore cannot be permitted.We must ask you to refrain from using this type of language in the future, or we will be forced to remove your chat privileges.Please note that you may not be the only one receiving a message suchas this. When we receive a chat complaint, we review the entire chatof all players at the table. Any other offenders at the table were also warned or revoked as appropriate to our policies.
Regards,
PokerStars Support Team

---16989167 TripJax bastardos took my pic away 3 5/15/2005 8:58:21 PM
---16989167 TripJax bazturdos 3 5/15/2005 8:58:31 PM
---16989167 TripJax sup skitch! 3 5/15/2005 8:58:44 PM

********************
My response...

Date:Sun, 15 May 2005 21:11:33 -0700 (PDT)From: jaxon59@yahoo.com
Subject:Re: PokerStars ChatTo:"PokerStars Support" support@pokerstars.com

I didn't realize it would be a problem since it was a private tournament. Not sure who would complain about what I wrote since it was a jopke and nothing I wrote was bad...and again it was amongst friends... I did however see many other observors typing much much worse things than me. I'll refrain in the future. Thanks

********************

Yeah I dropped the "jopke" on them. Nice!

posted by TripJax @ 2:04 AM,

2 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would The Thought Of Thousands Of Other Web Site's All Displaying Your Content,

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
» » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home