Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



I Fought The Boobs And The Boobs Won

I Fought The Boobs And The Boobs Won

In honor of my heads-up match with Wes (a.k.a. boobie lover), in the first round of the HUC3 last night, I offer the picture you see to the left (click to ENLARGE). Though we played at FullTilt, which does not have pictures for avatars, I know Elisha is his pic at Stars so I figured this would do the trick.

In the early rounds of our match I felt I played smashingly, taking down the bulk of the hands and mounting a nice chip lead. I did not have monsters, and often didn't have jackshit, but my bets and raises were timed correctly leaving Wes with primarily one action early on...FOLD. I had a buddy over watching the game and I was thoroughly enjoying playing while he was watching. I did something that I've found myself doing a lot lately in my heads-up matches. I announced what I thought my opponent, in this case Wes, was going to do when it was his turn to act. More often than not I was correct, which made for a fun game.

My favorite chat exchange of the match, which happened while I was running hot, was...

----------
boobielover: are my hole cards face-up?
tripjax: yes
tripjax: contact tech support

boobielover: lol
----------

OK, I don't really remember if he typed lol, but I like to think he laughed out loud.


Then it happened...

...the wheels fell off.

I'm not sure when it happened, but in one hand I went from a more than double chip lead to right back at even. The blinds were going up so raises and re-raises made the pots quite hefty. Before I knew it I was the small stack and ended up all in with an inferior hand. My name sake, TripJax, brought me back from the brink of extinction when I had a Jack in the hole, a Jack on the flop, and a beautiful Jack on the river. It was the first suck out and I hoped it would be the last I would need.

That hand put us back to even and we battled it out for a while longer staying pretty even in chips. Then, just like before, I found myself the shorty of the two and needing another double up. Down to less than 600 and the BB at, I think 80 or 100, I made what I believe to be my one mistake. I called an all-in with Jack high. Granted I was short stacked and needed chips, but I like to be the one pushing all-in in that situation, not calling. Still, my cards were live, but suck out #2 was not to be.

Wes played a great game, overcame an early chip deficit, and sent me packing. In heads-up, when you get down early, you can't let it get to you and you can't feel like you have to push your chips in the middle. If the blinds are still small, you have time to get your chips back. If you are down to around 700 in chips, it only takes one all-in win to get back to even. That said, Wes played the match exactly how he should have, being patient early, giving me small pots, then pouncing when I was weak and the blinds were big. Kudos to you boobie lover

Unfortunately, Wes, I see you did not outlast AussieDave, so congratulations are further in order for him.

T'was a good time, and I'm glad I joined HUC3, even with my final result. Good luck to everyone who made it to Round 2!

posted by TripJax @ 11:27 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home