Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



One Hundy K Wit Overlay, Part 2

If you read my last post, then you are aware of my recent adventures into the 100k at Mansion. On Sunday night I ended up finishing 85th out of 517 entrants, 31 spots from the money. I felt I played well, lost one key hand, and was looking forward to giving it another go on Monday night.

I did end up playing last night and again, managed to go deep, but came just short of the money. This time I finished 81st out of 563 entrants, only 18 spots from the money. Frustrating, but not much else I could do. As I've mentioned before, I'm not playing these things to barely break into the money. The starting money spots were $200 payouts with the final table paying in the thousands ($24,000 for 1st place).

I will say it is tough getting so deep into a tournament, being on the cusp of ITM, then watching it all fade away with one hand. However, I know I'm playing a good game and will see the light of day if I keep at it. I played well last night, but there's always room for improvement. The buy-in and payouts are not causing me to play scared or a different game. The main adjustment I've had to make is my early game.


The players so far seem much more happy to raise very large early in the tournament, which makes it difficult to get into hands that I would normally like to limp and catch monsters with. This has kept me from chipping up early if I'm not getting rock steady cards. I definitely have to adjust my play some to combat this. It's just tough when you hold 89 suited with blinds at 10/20 or 15/30 and someone raises to 300. This is very tough to play against when you only start with 2500 in chips.

On my last hand of the tournament, we were close to the money, but I was still needing to pick up some chips or I would fade fast. I had about 7k in chips and the average was creeping towards 17k. With the blinds at 400/800, I raised to 2000 in middle position with 9 9 after it folded to me. The player to my immediate left called and we were the only players to see a flop of 8 8 8. At this point, there was 5560 in the pot and I was first to act. I pushed my remaining chips in and felt good about the situation. I figure if he had a higher pair than I, he would have pushed me out preflop since he had me out chipped. I also figured if he called with Ace Big he would let it go. If I could get him to call with a lower pair there, I would be back in the game.


At this point, he went into the tank. Keep in mind, at Mansion they don't have a time bank and you have to act rather quickly, but he took every bit of his time available. When he didn't make the immediate call I was starting to feel real good about my hand. I even typed in the chat to DNasty that I must be good. That is until he made the call with QQ. Goodnight, good game, and goodbye me. Alas, it was again not to be.

Last night
we had numerous bloggers going for the prize, but they unfortunately didn't fair any better than I. I happened to see the way Chad went out pretty early, and it was ugly. He had QQ vs. A8 all-in pre-flop and the joker caught an Ace. I couldn't believe he called Chad's all-in there, but that is the norm in this tourney. You have to dodge bullets left and right. In the end, I was the last hope for the poker broggers and the above hand mentioned earlier sealed my fate. I'm looking forward to giving this one a go soon, assuming the overlay is still juicy.

Okay folks, that will have to do it for me for today.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 5:47 PM,

6 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Trip - Nice to see your writeups on the tourney. I plan on playing the event a few times this week -- tonight will be the first.

It looks to me as though you played a solid game and just ran up against a better hand -- nothing to do differently.

I wish you good luck as you play again.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Backend Cash Manuscript Revealed Before you buy Backend Cash Manuscript, learn the truth. Everyone else is saying how great the product is, but how many of them actually bought it? Well I have, and I have used it. This E-book is being highly touted by alot of the "Gurus', but does it really deliver? Will it work for the regular little guy? Read my Free report "Backend Cash Manuscript Revealed" befor you buy. Don't be suckered in by all the hype. TheCrazyAffiliate reveals all. Backend Cash Manuscript Revealed

 
At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Internet Marketing Genius, Carael Knight The source for information on internet classified advertising and the cheapest advertising method to boost "ANY" business online or off! Think targeted classified ads. Make Money Online using unique state-of-the-art classified advertising strategies.............................

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"TOP Rated" Money Making Program Online The source for information on internet classified advertising and the cheapest advertising method to boost "ANY" business online or off! Think targeted classified ads. Make Money Online using the most profitable state-of-the-art business classified advertising strategies. Profitable Home Based Business

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Internet Marketing Genius, Carael Knight

Information powers our world. The more information you have, the more money you make. It used to be you had to go to an expensive business school or spend years becoming a doctor or lawyer to have valuable information people would pay big money for.

Not anymore. Today ANYONE can use FREE classified ads to sell information demanded daily by MILLIONS of people. Think about it. These days when somebody wants to know how to do something, they GO ONLINE and look for INFORMATION to tell them how to do it.

My name is Carael Knight. I started Major Enterprise about seven years ago with a vision and a plan.

The vision was to show people how to start, run, and operate their own profitable online business. Now that led me to create the plan, which was the process of carrying out the vision!

Click Here for more information:

The Internet Marketing Genius, Carael Knight

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time and visit my blog about: Internet Marketing and Making Money Online

MajorEnterprise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home