Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



i (as in me) pod

Taking first in a multi table tournament is pretty damn exhilarating. Unfortunately, I have not done that in a few months, so my exhilarating moments on the felt have been few and far between. I can't complain though, cause I've been focusing my play at the cash game and heads-up sng tables. My only tournaments of late have been a few of the blogger tourneys and a couple of sporadic poker.com mtt's. No excitement to report there.

In lieu of the thrills of a tourney win, tonight I was able to get my buzz from another source. I've been working on poker bonuses to build up enough points/cash to order myself a little gadget and tonight I was finally able to do the deed. Here is what I ordered...



Nothing like getting a sweet ass gadget for free simply from playing poker. Yeah, I'm pretty much grinning from ear to ear. That's an 80gb, 5.5 generation ipod video. This is my first ever mp3 player, and most def my 1st ipod. Granted, I'm pretty late to the game with this one, but I don't care. I've had my eye on an ipod for years and now is the perfect time for me to have one. My travel has increased of late so having this for the car or plane is perfect.

Apparently this bad boy can hold up to 20,000 songs or 100 hours of video (or whatever mix of the two I choose). I'm guessing those numbers probably represent the lower quality downloads, but I can't imagine putting even 2000 songs on there. That will leave plenty of room for videos, tv, movies and podcasts. I can't wait to slap a few poker podcasts on there as well as an audiobook, or eight.

So anyway, this post represents me being all giddy like a school girl on pink m&m's. And don't think I wont' still try and kick some ass in the bloggerpods tourney this Sunday as well. ChickJax would dig an ipod to ya know.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 11:30 AM,

10 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Joe (aka Unimpressed) said...

How did you manage an Ipod for playing poker?

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger katitude said...

I adore my ipod video..it's making my winter commute tolerable.

Check out tikibartv.com ( I LOVE Tiki Bar!) and vintagetooncast.com for some fun videos.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

unimpressed...

check out sites like www.pokersavvy.com, www.pokersourceonline.com and www.vegaspokerpro.com. You can sign up through them, clear bonuses, and get points towards all kinds of shit.

pokersavvy has the 80gb ipod.

Tell'em tripjax sent ya.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I got mine via FPPs on PokerStars.

I heart my video iPod.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger WindBreak247 said...

I never really wanted an iPod, but now that I have one (wife blew me away w/one for Christmas), I don't know what I ever did without it. I now hold in the palm of my hand every CD I ever bought (except for the bad ones), every MP3 I ever stole, 10 or so Podcasts (video and otherwise...including every back episode), my 6000 digipix from the last 4 years, and 13 (and counting) of my favorite movies that I've ripped. And its only about 1/3 full.

Apple rules my world. All I do is take this little baby everywhere I go, and I'll never be bored again as long as I live.

Enjoy!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Chad C said...

I have the same IPOD, you will love it!! The best thing about it is how long the battery lasts compared to my older ipod. This thing is ideal for the WSOP and other deep stack tournaments!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe you took an iPod for youself and didn't let ChixJax get one.

You selfish, selfish jerk.





(It is pretty sweet though. Plus SHE wasn't the one playing poker...)

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Your ipod is probably more powerful than my laptop!Looks like a fine piece of kit.
Thanks for the bloggerpods freeroll reminder.12am start here but will hopefully see you at the Final table...

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

i almost ordered the 30gb video Ipod from Full Tilt using my fpp's. but, held off hoping they'd add the 80gb version. i'm gonna get one either way tho.

enjoy

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous dvd to ipod said...

This is just one of the main reasons why I really love visiting your blog. I always found a very informative post. I will be visiting this blog more often for more amazing post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home