Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Lord of the Jones: The Last Return of the Two Skulled King

Bob: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
Peter: I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob.
~Office Space

It seems the trend of late continues. I've been missing a ton of poker, but I wouldn't really say I've been *missing* it. I know the urge to get back on the virtual felt will be back soon, but alas I tredge on with other things that are keeping me happy and/or busy. Is tredge even a word? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Honestly I'm really jonesing to play some live poker, but I don't know when I'll be able to get that done. There is a game tonight I could go to, but I am planning to work on the deck tonight so I'm gonna have to pass for now. Maybe next week.

This post shall be short, however I need some quick non-pokery feedback if you don't mind.

For my birthday one of the presents the fam got me was the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I was really wanting to set aside some time to watch all 3 movies with KidJax at some point, but I wasn't sure if parts of the movies would be too much for him. He is 7 years old and I seem to recall some pretty freaky stuff in those movies.

On that note, with the new Indiana Jones movie coming out this month, I was also wondering if 7 is too young to watch the earlier movies in preperation for the upcoming movie. What with hearts being ripped out of chests, demons coming out of boxes and kids being turned into slaves.

The boy loves dinosaurs and other random potentially scary things, but he also has been known to have scary dreams after watching certain movies (the boy loves the Jurassic Park series of movies, which have their moments as well). I just don't want to freak him out too early. I know he would love to sit around with me watching the movies, but I don't want to give the boy nightmares. I seem to remember watching some pretty crazy movies at his age and I turned out okay (some of my readers may beg to differ).

So if you have a take on the subject, please leave me a comment with your thoughts.

Until next time, may the felt be with you

posted by TripJax @ 10:01 AM,

6 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger kurokitty said...

I must have been 10 when "Raiders" was released. That scene where the Nazis melt and the angelic ghosts turn into demons still is scary as shit.

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may be 35, but Temple of Doom creeps me out still. Since I also think it's the worst of the three movies, I don't mind skipping it.

Your 7 year old might have problems in the dramatic conclusion for both movies, but the rest are probably OK.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger BadBlood said...

I think Lord of the Rings is a close call with the wraiths and all. You know your kid best though.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Dave said...

You might be better off taking your kid to Journey to the Center of the Earth that comes out next month with Brendon Frazer. However, not knowing how the new Jones movie goes yet, I'm willing to bet there are a few intense scenes for a 7 year old. Spiders, snakes, people getting killed. Ah childhood memories...

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

7 is definitely too young for Indiana Jones. LOTR is iffy, especially if he has bad dreams.

If you're looking for kid-friendly stuff to watch, I'd recommend The Dark Crystal, The Three Musketeers, and The Princess Bride.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 7 yeaf old is definetly not watching LOTR. Altough I was the one who got freaked out watching King kong with the spiders and in Harry potter and that didnt bother her.

Lotr because of the violence.

I hate snakes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home