Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



2005 Starts With A Bang...Uuhh Crash

Coming soon I plan to give my 2004 Personal Year In Review. In it, you will note that my 2004 ended quite...well...quietly. But that will be later. In the meantime, I must jump ahead of myself and get this off my chest. If you've read any of my other posts, you know that I've been playing little poker (only freerolls and $1 qualifiers on Empire) due to my hemmoraghing of cash lately...yeah bills suck. My recent plan - noted in the previous post - was to prepare my bankroll soon for my SNG Challenge. Well friends, that must now wait a little longer. My dumbass got in a wreck yesterday (01/04/05) and I now have to pay a deductible and enjoy watching my insurance premium go up.

The wreck was the classic scene that you see all too often. I'm behind a car at an intersection. I'm planning to turn right, and when the car in front of me makes it's move to turn left, I hit the gas to move up and to the right. Unfortunately for me, Ms. Indecision decides that the oncoming traffic is a little too close for comfort and slams on the breaks. Mr. Dreaming About Royal Flushes (that's me...and I had to qualify this as a poker blog) didn't recognize the apparent stoppage of the - what I deemed - scrap metal on wheels. Needless to say (or write), the left side of my car is now dented, battered, and bruised...but the other car only had a small bend in the back bumper. I was a bit surprised to find out today that my insurance company had totaled Ms. Indecisions car. Looking back, as I noted before, it was a scrap metal piece of junk 1988 Chevy so the cost of a new bumper with the cost of labor was probably more than the car was worth...thus I probably could have dropped a tooth pick on the hood of the car and they would have totaled it. Nonetheless, I can't believe I wrecked my good car and totaled another persons car. I'm hoping I did them a favor, but I'm not sure. I qualify my wrecked car as good because it is the nicer of our 2 cars...it's the one deemed the family car. My car on the other hand - while not so bad as the 1998 Chevy - is an old 1991 Pontiac Sunbird. Surprisingly to most, however, it only has 83,000 miles on it...so it's got some life in it yet. It just looks bad cause a tree fell on it a few years back during a snowstorm...and rather than using the insurance money to fix the hood...I paid my morgtage...NICE!

So, what have we learned after reading this post? 1) My plans to play poker on a regular basis will have to wait due to me coughing up 250 bones for the deductible. 2) I'm not sure if stoppage is a word, but I used it anyway. 3) I wish I had been driving my car instead of my wife's car. 4) 2005 had better get...better.


posted by TripJax @ 11:41 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home