Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |


The Bad Blood Superstars Invitational Trip Report

With The Bash creeping ever closer, I figure I should get my previous trip report out of the way. I've been meaning to write this one out for some time, but just haven't been able to put words to Word (Microsoft that is). The picture to the left gives you an idea where things were headed (that is Bad Bloods kitchen counter, and his booze).

The Bad Blood Superstars Invitational was set for a start time of Saturday at 12pm (Labor Day weekend), but I have a buddy, Tron, that lives in G-Vegas, so I decided to hit the road after work that Friday. I was in G-Vegas by 8pm and by 8:30pm Tron and I were having our 1st beer. Another non poker playing buddy, Wheeler, was set to come in as well, but his ETA was closer to 11pm.

By 11:30pm we three were hitting the G-Vegas downtown. I must say, I was a very impressed with the G-Vegas night life and the downtown bars were quite hawesome. We lit it up pretty well and a good time was had by all. Before we knew it, the clock showed 3am and we were looking for a cab ride home. We were able to get a bartender to order us a cab and we waited outside for what felt like an hour. Finally the cab pulled around the corner and we started shuffling in.

As we were climbing into the cab this large obnoxious guido type came barreling out of the bar yelling at us that it was his cab. We informed him we called a cab nearly an hour ago and waited outside for it the entire time. He wanted none of that and yanked the passenger side door of the cab open and started threatening us. He was yelling and pointing fingers and pretty much being a royal ass. A security guard finally persuaded him to move away from the cab and we were off.

About a mile up the road the the cab lady informed us that she had to be paid up front for the ride. We all looked at each other perplexed as this one was new to us. How do you pay for something when you don't know the amount to pay? Tron was fitting the bill for this ride, so he whipped out nearly $50 and showed the lady and said, "I have the money and am happy to pay you when we get to my house." She, like the obnoxious cab thief, wanted none of that.

At this point the cab lady started barking demands that she get paid or she was taking us back to the bar. She called her boss and an even more likeable person answered the radio call. "Das rite, you gotz to pay to play people," she advised. We were all just ready to be asleep, but Tron was pissed. It turned into a "principle" situation and he was not going to let this beeatch get away with it. He told her to take us back to the bar and she immediately whipped the cab back and headed for the bar.

This is where things get weird and where I get to the point of why I'm telling a stupid cab story. As we pull into the parking lot, Guido tears a hole in the pavement from the door of the bar to the cab and starts ripping us a new asshole. As we step out of the cab he is mouthing off that we are disrespecting him by taking his cab and then bringing it back. He is getting in Tron's face and just flat out going off, but Tron is having none of it. Tron is just basically saying, "Dude, chill out, it was not your cab, but you are welcome to it now." This guy keeps mouthing off at the top of his lungs and finally is whisked away by security.

Neither party ended up taking that cab and we ended up waiting another good while for a cabbie who rocked. He got us where we needed to be and didn't make us pay up front. Mean while, as we rolled out of the parking lot, the security guards were still trying to settle down Captain Heart Attack. Worst.Episode.Ever. We ended up back at Trons house for more drinks before hitting the sack. I think my head hit the pillow around 6am.

Saturday rolled around rather quickly and before I knew it, I was on the road to Bad Bloods house. It was about 11:30am and I hit my first roadblock when I was trying to buy beer at a nearby gas station. I realized I had left my ID back at Tron's house, but was not going to drive back to his house since I was so close to Bad Blood's house. Luckily, the Blood home was stacked with alkeehol for the masses. By 12pm the chips hit the air and we were rollin'. I had my first beer when we started the first game and quickly realized I had finished my last drink only 6 hours earlier. It was going to be a long day. Of the six players at my table, I ended up finishing 3rd. I think I played well, but actually played a little too tight in the end. I recall, down to 3 players left, folding pocket 10's and A J twice to the chip leader. I have never played him before and was having a tough time reading him. Turns out he was pretty much loosey goosey with his chips and I probably would have been good with both of those hands.

The second tournament came around and that's when things started to get hairy. I had been pushing for SoCo shots and, like the troopers we are, more than 10 punters came along for the ride. We even had
Sir Al on the phone for a Dial-A-Shot. From then on, things would get a tad blurry. Numerous more shots were had throughout the day, including Tequila. I recall having a good time chatting it up at my second tourney table, but I don't think I did very well. I believe I finished 4th or 5th.

By the 3rd and final tournament for Saturday, my game was so wide open you could fit a dump truck in it. In other words, I was all over the place. I also did not do well, but had a great time in the process. I again believe I finished somewhere in the 4th or 5th range.

Since the tourneys were over for the day, we did what typical poker broggers do, and fired up some cash games. I managed to donk pretty much everything I had in my pockets (and more) by the end of the night. I had a damn good time losing my money though. You rat bastardos!

Somehow 9:00pm found its way into our lives much quicker than I expected and at this point I was lit up. I called Tron to come pick me up as there was no way I was driving. I had been drinking 9 hours and had not really eaten anything but a few sausage balls. For some reason when I'm drinking I have a hard time eating. I felt bad about this as there was some awesome food available.

Tron made it after a while and hung out with the broggers while we drank a little while longer. At some point, for whatever reason,
TeamScottSmith and I end up getting into a wrestling match in Bad Bloods front yard. Actually, it was less of a wrestling match and more of a who can knock down who match. In the end, after what felt like an eternity, we both hit the ground with a thud, at the same time. It was rather entertaining. TSS is a very funny dude. I recommend hanging with him if you get a chance.

We finally decided to hit the road and asked everyone if they wanted to hit the town with us. Only
Shep obliged, though he said he would meet us out. We weren't so sure if he was serious, but we were going either way. We made it to the bar after a while and to our surprise, Shep came out as well. I must say, he was quite the trooper the entire day. We drank at the bars for a few hours, then the idea of beer pong was mentioned. If you don't know what beer pong is, just look it up on Google cause this post is getting too damn long already.

We end up back at Shep's house with his son and cousin and play beer pong until the wee hours of the morning. I think it was 3am when I finally hit a wall and could do no more. I had been drinking for 15 hours straight and had not had enough food to counter attack the alkeehol. I took a break from the beer pong to go piss and the next thing I know I am receiving a phone call. Turns out I had made a B-line to Tron's car and fallen asleep on his hood face down. I was just sprawled out on his hood in the middle of this neighborhood.

The phone call was from Tron as he was looking for is beer pong partner. As I lay their on the hood, I answered the phone and told him I was apparently on a car. He said he was on his way and I was back asleep with the phone still open by the time he made it to his car. He apparently got a kick out of that one, as did I when he told me the story the next day.

Sunday rolled around all too quickly, and before I knew it I was on the road back to Greensboro. About 30 minutes from home my car broke down and I was stranded. I ended up finally getting a tow truck and made it home around 11pm. I had left G-Vegas around 3pm and it was only a 3 hour drive, so my hung over ass was whooped. Thankfully I did not have to work the next day as it was Labor Day. Getting the car fixed up ended up costing $700 which stung a little. Still I had a kick ass time.

I just want to again thank Bad Blood and Mrs. Bad Blood for a great time. Everyone was hella cool and I'm glad I got to meet some new peeps and see others again. I can't wait for the next G-Vegas event.

In the meatime,
The Bash should be rather cool this weekend.

posted by TripJax @ 10:27 AM,


At 1:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

cool report, Trip, thanks.

At 5:22 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

I love how this ends - I only believe it happened because it's you saying so. Very theatrical - You, stranded roadside after burning through the roll and drinking up a storm. You left out the extensive stream of expletives I KNOW you delivered to the cosmos. Pretty vivid picture nonetheless.

Here's praying your liver has recovered in time for the weekend. I'm Hella-Jealous.

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...


I dropped a few F-Bombs, but for the most part I tried to keep my composure. What I was most pissed off about is it was such bad timing with The Bash coming up. It put a hurt on my available funds, but I'm still gonna rock it out, one shot at a time.

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that BiggyPix thing is me, TripJax. Just another blog I have for my football picks...


Post a Comment

<< Home