Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Jax~ta~pose

If you write a post, but no one is around to read it, did it really ever happen in the first place? These are the ridiculous questions I will be asking myself as others are preparing for Vega$, thus not reading this here brog. I am happy to report, my dial-a-shot list for Friday or Saturday night is growing, so if you're going to Vega$ and interested in dropping a shot with me, shoot me a comment.



Last night I made a decision that I hope I can stick with. I plan to take a break from online poker for as long as possible during the month of December. Rather than hit the virtual tables, I plan to focus on family and Christmas stuff, playing live poker and writing a short story/book. The family stuff and live poker are pretty basic, but the last item bears repeating. I'm going to do something I have never done before. Attempt to write a story.

Sure I pump out drivel here on a regular basis, but it is all craptastic random shit that floats around in my noggin'. There is really no thought process when pounding out post after post here. I just think it then right it. See, I just thought that last sentence, and then typed it in. With a short story or book(ish), I really want to try to think of something interesting to write about and pound it out accordingly.

It's sad to say, but I don't know that I've ever written an actual story in my life. I wrote papers during school, but those were forced projects. The idea of writing something because I want to is new to me (again this brog excluded). The idea really came from everyone discussing the Nano whatever it is thingy that attempts to get the masses to write a book in one month. I didn't want that kind of pressure in my 1st attempt at writing so I decided to sit back and let the story come to me before I started.

I've got the idea for a story in my head, though it is still slowly forming. I hope to have the 1st chapter completed by tomorrow so I can post it. I want to get the 1st chapter written and online so I can see that it is possible for me to begin a project that I set out to accomplish. I don't know if I'll post following chapters until it starts to build up, but we'll see.

Because the world doesn't have enough blogs out there, I decided to start another blog,
Jax~ta~pose, solely for my stories. The name is a jaxstardized version of the word juxtapose. See I just jaxified the word bastardized. I have a habit of doing shit like that. Sue me.

So the story begins. To be determined if my story telling is as bad as my blog writing!

posted by TripJax @ 5:18 PM,

5 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That same idea has also been rattling around in the vacuous confines of my head. I like your idea of kicking off a new blog to publish each addition, too.

Good luck with your writing, I look forward to reading your work.

And, have fun in Vega$!

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, check you link to your new blog. Its not pointing to jaxtapose.blogspot.com

You so crazy

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

d...
fixed. thanks for the heads-up.

doog...
i'm not going to vegas. : (

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see fellow broggers writing up a storm. I'm planning on starting a novel myself, but I don't have any time until finals are out. I am brainstorming though...

Good luck with your short story or whatever you churn out. I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job, and I look forward to reading what you have via bloglines.

KGB

PS- Have a good enough time for the both of us. I'm not going to be able to go to Vegas till May (when I turn 21), but I'll be with you guys in spirit!

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jax - Sorry about that, mea culpa. Here, let me try to brush some of that salt away from the wound...

Maybe I'll track you down online this weekend, since it seems like we're the only two not going, and we can kill the online game.

Oh wait, you're taking a break from online poker this month too, huh. Sorry, mea culpa again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home