Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



The Bitch & Whine Cafe

After singing the praises of my new laptop yesterday, I've since had problems. Thankfully, my problem is not with the computer, but instead my wireless router. That biatch just ain't routin'. It decided to take a dump and that stinks. At the time I didn't know what the problem was, but after a visit from our friendly internet provider, things became crystal.

Heading into work this morning, I was planning out a bitch and whine post all about my problems. I had it all set in motion up in the ole noggin', but when I sat down at my computer this morning, I came to a pretty simple realization. Bitching and whining just ain't my cup of jello. Sure if you go back and look through my archives, you'll find the occasional post that heads down that path. However, for the most part, that is just not me.

Okay so my wireless router sucks and I'm going to have to go get a new one. Holy smokes, I can't sign onto the internet without wires??? I can't shuffle up and deal online from my porch???Bastardos! I have it so fucking bad. I can't believe I have to physically plug a wire into my computer in order to have high speed internet access.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

At the end of the day, things are pretty damn spiffy for me. I have a smokin' hot wife, ChickJax (another in the line of poker bloggers who married up). I have a nice job that puts food on the table. I have two chitterlings, KidJax and LilJax, that pretty much pwn all other kids. Yadda Yadda Yadda. You get the idea.

Even when it comes down to poker, I have a hard time bitching and whining. I mean seriously, we feed off the fact that our opponents make mistakes. If we can minimize our mistakes, while capitalizing on our opponents mistakes, then the planets will align in the long run. At times, their mistakes will be rewarded at our cost. We just gotta sew it up.

Sure there are things like the UIGEA that should make any poker player want to bitch and whine, but that is not really what I'm getting at.

And please don't get me wrong here folks. If you bitch and whine on your own blog, it's all good with me. In fact, I often flush the angst out of my system just by reading other blogs that are letting off steam. Just know that right here, right now, it's pretty damn ridiculous for me to bitch and whine about anything.



I'm still hoping to play some live poker this week. Honestly, if I could bitch and whine about anything right now, it would be that my poker buddies are making it hella difficult to play a simple game of poker. If any of you are reading this, for fucks sake, drop whatever you are doing and play some fucking poker this week.

Hey, maybe I should start The Bitch & Whine Cafe so I don't have to litter this blog with any of that stuff. Erm, on second thought, maybe not. You see, a long time ago I started Kicked In The Junk, and that seemed to fizzle out over time. It was, and actually still is, a poker blog that anyone can post to about anything they want.

The original premise of the blog was to offer a forum for you to discuss your bad beat stories, both in poker and life. It's too bad that it is currently a beached blog whale. I might go ahead and delete it if it doesn't get anymore posts. If you've never been there, go check it out. This is one of my favorites, and it just so happens I wrote it!

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 8:59 AM,

4 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger D said...

I read a book once that spoke about an assignment a teacher gave to his students. Do not complain at all for 24 hrs. If you feel like complaining write down what you feel like complaining about. You most likely will see that we complain way too much. He said in 30 years of teaching, he has had less than 10 people complete a day without complaining. You actually did the second step of his assignment, which is to think of everything you are thankful for instead of complaining. It really changes the way you are feeling at that time.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

D,

Even in my post about not whining, I did a little whining about not getting a poker game going!

Quite difficult. Thanks for the comment...

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I think I might have a comment or two to contribute to a bitch n whine cafe if one is ever created.

FWIW (not that you asked), I almost never whine in real life, and for me the blog is my place to do just that, all under the guise of "educating" others about how to play the game of poker properly. What a joke.

Love your writing man. Keep it comin.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Yeah Hoy, I hear ya. What better place to b&w than online? That's why i made sure to note I don't mind others doing it. I friggin' love your blog and, at times, it is the way I clear my own mind. I can read what happened to you on any given night and know you either did well or need to let off some steam. It's all good.

Thanks for the comment yo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home