Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Prognosis Negative

I am officially a weather wimp. I'm on business travel in Ohio right now and it is below zero, not counting the wind chill. I'm not diggin' it. I never thought I would be longing for the 25 degree weather at home, but I am. I don't remember the last time I was in negative degree weather.

I'm planning to go to Cleveland tomorrow night for some alcamahol. If any of my readers can suggest a nice dowtown watering hole I would be most appreciative. As for work, as I suspected, I have no computer access at the office I'm working in, so this may be the only post I have this week. I only have a couple of minutes online right now, so technically this post is straight up blogorrhea.

I'll leave you with a text message I received from a buddy of mine after landing in the Cleveland Hopkins airport.

"No matter how cold it gets, decline any offers of Cleveland Steamers. Warm, surely, but will ruin anyone's stay."

Indeed.

posted by TripJax @ 9:10 PM,

8 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Funny, that was my fantasy football team name.

Named after an old girlfriend of mine.

I keed, I keed.

Or DO i???

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Poker Jones said...

Dude, there's plenty of places to eat/drink in the Warehouse District downtown. The Little Bar off W. 6th St. has cold beer, great burgers and normally a hot chick behind the bar. Plenty of upscale fare in the area.

Closer to the ballpark/arena (Huron Ave./Prospect Ave.), there are some fun bars: Johnny Malloy's, Bone Yard, Winking Lizard.

You'll freeze your nuts off, but you won't go hungry or thirsty in downtown Cleveland.

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winking lizard is good place for wings and beer. Last time I was there I had shits so bad I think I cleared out the bar cause of the stench. There was no way I was going to pinch one off for two hours during the drive home. So remember that if you go there and down a cold one!

There is also a couple micro breweries in the area if your into that kind of stuff..Rock Bottom Brewery, Great Lakes Brewery, Cleveland Chop House (They give you a HUGE stack of mash taters with your meal) are the ones I have been to. They are pretty popular in the area so anyone should be able to give you directions if they been in Cleveland any length of time.

If weather was not so shitty I would try to make it up there.

Kipper

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. It's 40 degrees here today, the first time it's been above 30 in a month in a half. The average temperature has been 5. If it's positive degrees at night we consider ourselves lucky.

Still, it sucks.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wuss.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Thanks everyone...except drizz...booya!

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

Whoever said Cleveland Rocks was an overweight nearsighted idiot. I spent a ton of time on business in Cleveland and there is nothing to do there at night, especially wen it gets cold. I think I remember theres an area called "The Flats" with a few bars, but I would check first. THe idiots I worked with while out there thought a "good time" meant waiting for the lake to freeze and then driving their tricked out four wheelers out to Canada. Morons.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

I don't know what a Cleveland Steamer is but it sounds kind of dirty.

Am I close?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home