Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Warning!

Well, it finally happened. I was wondering when the day would finally come, and yesterday, it did. I strolled into work, got my morning items out of the way, then decided to submit a post I had drafted in blogger, but had yet to publish. I clicked on the Blogger tab under my favorites and there it was...a redirect to an internal web page with the following message...

Warning!

The site you have attempted to access may be classified as unsuitable under the Firm's Internet and Electronic Communications policies, and accordingly, access has been denied.

Fuck.

The fuck noted above was not part of the warning, though that would be pretty funny. No, that's me noting fuck cause now I'm unhappy to quite unhappy (somewhere in the middle). I know why the firm is blocking me, but I don't have to be happy about it. I knew the day would come, but up until yesterday I was knee deep in brogger freedom. It's not like I'm posting Keeley Hazell slopping pole or notes on how to punch and/or fuck a donkey (not that there's anything wrong with that). Nope, I'm just shelling out lame drivel every few days that a few people choose to read at their leisure.

Mind you, this certainly isn't the end of TripJax and brogging. I just have to be a little more creative with my workarounds or, at the very least, wait until I get home to publish my posts. However, that's just fucking annoying and not exactly on my list of things to do. I should note, for the last few months, I've been writing up my posts either in Microsoft Word or in Google Docs & Spreadsheets (GD&S). I do this so I never stand the chance of Blogger eating my posts. Along the way, I've found a cool work around that might be my answer to being unable to log into Blogger.

Specifically, there is a function that allows you to write up your posts in GD&S and publish them directly from GD&S to Blogger. It's early in the game and they clearly have some kinks to work out, but I have my hopes set on high that it will work out. The kinks seem to be somewhat random. For instance, my post One Hundy K Wit Overlay was written in GD&S and published to Blogger with no problems. However, when I found out yesterday that I was blocked from Blogger, I attempted to post my One Hundy K Wit Overlay, Part 2 to no avail.

I did some research and found out that using the publish function to Blogger Beta, which I am now on, is currently hit and miss. I have no doubt Google will figure out the kinks posthaste. Apparently it can come down to having a certain symbol or character in a post that will not transfer from GD&S to Blogger. Also, I think there may be issues with the title of the post showing up if you use the publish function directly from GD&S. This can be an issue in that it won't create a permalink for each post. If you don't see any titles from my posts early on, you'll know why.

I think if I can get this workaround to, erm, work, then it might be a great option for other broggers out there who have similar issues. For instance, I believe GCox currently writes a post up in his email, forwards it to his home email, then posts it when he gets home. Well now he may be able to just use GD&S and publish it right from work. I've got to figure some things out, but I'll let you all know how things go.

One of the biggest things I'm disappointed in is I can no longer comment on my own or other blogs while at work. Whenever I needed a break from the grind of the day, I would fire up my Google Reader, run through some posts, and leave a comment as needed. That is effectively kiboshed.

Fuckers.

Moving on...

I decided not to play in the 100k on Mansion last night. After two straight nights of grinding it out at that and other tourneys, I needed a break. Also, over the past weekend, not only had I played in numerous tournaments and SNG's, but I logged about 2500 hands at Poker.com. I signed up for them recently to do some bonus whoring. Specifically, I have my eye on an iPod Video at PokerSavvy.com. We'll see how my journey goes towards acquiring one of those puppies. Usually I set out to purchase something like an iPod, but end up just taking cash and putting it towards my bankroll or bills. This is something I really need to work on. If I set out to accomplish something, I should stick with it.

When bonus clearing I typically take the safest path. My cash game needs work, so I don't typically put myself in a situation to donk off all my deposit right off the bat. That said, I usually find the right limit and format that will allow me to clear the bonus in a decent time frame, but on my terms. I've been 4 tabling the 6-max limit tables since joining Poker.com and it has been a nice experience. The first day I played I was getting hammered by huge hands. It was not a good start. However, at the tail end of the weekend, I could do no wrong. We'll see if the trend continues.

Of all the hands I've played there so far, one truly stands out. I had 57s in the BB and it folded around to the SB who called. We saw a flop of 4 6 8 rainbow, giving me the flopped nut straight. I bet and he called. The turn was an Ace completing the rainbow board and assuring no flush would hit the river. This is where it got interesting. Maybe it is my lack of time at the cash game limit tables, but we ended up getting into a raising war that went on and on. I initially was thinking it would get capped, but apparently if you are heads up, you can just keep re-raising each other.

I believe we must have put in 10 or more re-raises until the pot was nice and juicy. Eventually, he decided to just call my raise. The river was harmless to me and we got into another raise and rereaise war, albeit smaller than the turn battle. Once the betting was over, I was expecting for us to flip over the same hand. Instead, I show my hand and the full pot came my way.

At this point, instead of mucking, he decides to show me his hand. Unbelievably, he had AJo. He got into an absolute raising war with me with a pair of Aces, Jack kicker. Prior to that hand, of the 4 tables I was playing, that was the only table I had been taking a beating. Once the hand was over, I had recouped my losses, plus a hefty amount more. What a genius. I had to laugh when he typed in the chat, "vnh." Man I loves me some idiots.

Well, that will have to do it for me today. A few notes before I go. If this post does not show up until after 5pm EST, you'll know I'm still having problems with my workaround and had to wait and publish it until I made it home. If it does show up this morning, but if the format looks strange, then you'll know I'm having problems with my title and permalinks. Either way I'll probably be fixing my posts when I get home each day.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 11:09 AM,

4 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Shelly said...

I think you can set up a special email address in the Blogger settings so you can post to your blog directly through email. If you have the old blogger, look under Settings - Email, then set the Mail to Blogger address. It's something like yourname.secretcode@blogger.com

Block THAT, poohead work internet censors!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger ZowieZ said...

Trip - You might want to check into wordpress.com. It's a free, hosted blog service built on WordPress. I've not heard of anyone losing posts, etc. there and they currently have approx. 100K blogs hosted.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

My work have just barred access to all blogs and blogger.I've had to email home my post for a while now.

They have given us back web-based email so my new trick is to copy/ paste my fav blog posts into a yahoo draft email and read 'em the next day.

Not a happy bunny here either...

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Comments - I use bloglines, which allows me to click "Keep as new" on posts I want to comment on. Then, when I get home, I can easily identify those posts and comment away, all fat and happy.

By the way, I hope you can help me get out the word: Migrating to blogger beta requires your readers to re-subscribe to the RSS/Atom feed. Found this out the hard way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home