Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Damn The Man

If you read my post from yesterday, then you know I'm having a bit of Blogger PMS. My company has blocked the Blogger web site from our internet access. As we all learned a while back, blogs are indeed gay. However, would you like to know what is the absolute gayest? People who block other people from reading and writing gay blogs. Their gayness knows no bounds.

The good news...the workaround (not to be confused with reacharound) I used yesterday did work, so I can still publish to my blog from Google Docs & Spreadsheets (GD&S) to Blogger. The bad news...as I predicted, there are still a few flaws. Mainly, even if the GD&S document has a title, it does not transfer to the post. This means there is no permalink and no URL for each blog post.

If I write and/or publish a post from work, what I now have to do is update the post with a title when I get home. This is a little bit annoying, but worth it if there are no other issues. The only other known issue I have write now that still chaps my ass is I can't comment on my own and most other blogs.

On a side note, thanks to the folks who commented yesterday to help me out. I think I'm now good to go, but I'll definitely let you all know if there are any further problems.

It seems my recent move from Blogger to Blogger Beta came with with a few consequences as well. Primarily, it looks as though I may have lost some readers who had me set on their RSS feeds. BigSlickNuts mentioned we should spread the word so folks will know to check and update their RSS Feeds. Good lookin' out BSN. For those interested, here is my feed.

Not to confuse *cough*, but Blogger became Blogger Beta, but is now no longer in Beta, so it is just Blogger. I think I'll probably go with Old Blogger and New Blogger in order to make things crystal clear. It's sort of like saying America and America Jr.

With Neteller gone, it looks like I'll be looking for a new e-wallet. Dragonystic mentioned Click2Pay, so methinks I'll give them a go. The reality of all this Neteller shit set in last night when I tried to deposit money from Neteller onto Mansion. I got the big middle finger from their software. I know this doesn't look good, but I certainly am hoping for something positive to happen soon. I keep wanting to see companies call the bluff, but instead I keep seeing fold, fold, fold.

Here's something I've been wondering about. Would it be feasible for a site like PokerStars to buyout (or create) an e-wallet/transfer agent and effectively use them as a sister company to handle all 3rd party transfers. This would assure that their processing would continue and they would have a say in the reactions the company makes toward the laws. I guess the issue would still become how you get the money to that e-wallet if the banks stop allowing transfers to and from that particular e-wallet. I know the powers that be will figure things out, but this will be interesting to watch as it unfolds.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 12:28 PM,

5 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I was thinking the same thing about the possibility of a poker site creating a subsidiary to act as a third-party to effectuate transfers. I figure that Full Tilt has a better chance of doing it over Stars though. They seem to be more forward-thinking and flexible.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Careful with Click2Pay, there's a lot of complaints about their customer service (i.e. worse then Party).

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Gnome said...

I'd love to see Full Tilt Bank! I doubt it would happen. But if this online payment processor were used exclusively for poker transactions, there would be more defense against the Wire Act. There would still be that pesky UIGEA to deal with, though.

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing in The Mookie last night.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Irongirl01 said...

I think Full Tilt had a virtual ewallet. At least something was there yesterday. It is no longer there today and some of the funding options have been removed. Ill email support to see what is up with that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home