Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



For those that run poker leagues

This is DNasty, so there is no confusion.

I am starting a poker league that will have 1 tournament a month. We are going to have a shortened 6 month season starting in June. The year will conclude with a TOC, with prize money that has been raked from the monthly tourney buy-in, most likely 25+15. We are anticipating 18 players this season with potentially more for our second season. We really want to have this 6 month season be a warm up for the full year season, by that I mean we don’t want to change much when we expand.

What is the best point system that will allow for the better consistent players to make our TOC which might include 9 players? We had suggestions of all tournament winners making the TOC, which I am not a fan of this style. My goal obviously is to make it worth it for all players to continue playing but still reward the good players that finish in the top spots consistently.

I am using the Tournament Director to run the leagues, which allows for some complex formulas when determining points.

Any help would be appreciated…

Labels:

posted by D @ 11:31 AM,

6 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

D...are you talking about live or online???

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Steven said...

I did a similar thing with a tournament I ran quarterly at Ohio State in the dorms. I actually just used the PokerStars TLB point system to do it. I've found that allows the more consistent players to make consistent amount of points. The tourney I play in now gives (11 - [place]) in points which I find really, really, annoying, so avoid that.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger D said...

Live tourneys

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok what city

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Huntsvegas Poker said...

In tournament director I use the following formula for my leagues and it has worked out pretty well I think. You can also check out my league's site at huntsvegaspoker.com

Formula: ((1-(r/(n+1)))*100)+5

We give 5 extra points there on the end to give an incentive for people to show up. Our buyins are $25 with $5 raked to end of season pot. We usually have 12 to 15 tournaments and allow 2 to 3 drops so people can miss some and it won't hurt their standings. anyways...

Hope this helps!!

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey D, where is this going to happen?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home