Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Overhaul

Let it be known, my game needs an overhaul. It's probably 50% true game time adjustments and 50% attitude, but right now I don't feel right at the tables. This is mainly in MTT's, but honestly it is a mix of any poker game I am playing right now.

I feel like my biggest problem right now is that I no longer seem to think about why I am making a certain move or why I react a certain way to a players actions. Poker is not all about 3 X raises and continuation bets. There is so much more to it and I am hitting the pitfalls of wash, rinse and repeat. I also feel the need to evaluate optimum strategy depending on the type of MTT I am playing.

As a result, I may be missing from some blogger tourneys in the short term, but fear not as I will be back soon. I just want to get back in game mode and right now I am not there. No worries in my mind, just a chance to rethink the way I play.

On a side note, my posts and online sightings may be sporadic as I am travelling on business all next week. Specifically I will be working in our firms Charlotte office so I may not have access to blogger or poker for a while.

I was hoping a live game would be in motion next week, but I'm not sure. As I'm to understand, Special K is in Vegas right now, so that is probably out. Maybe Falstaff will have a game going on. We'll see.

I'm off to go find my game and question everything. I may also consume large amounts of alcohol in the process.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 11:13 AM,

2 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger 23skidoo said...

The biggest question I have been giving myself is "How did I get here?" and try to evaluate a string of events that has EVERYTHING to do with attitude. It got so bad for me I volunteered to quit playing online. For awhile.

One thing I have noticed three + weeks into it is a sense of calmness.

I am fairly convinced that poker (for me) is 90% attitude 5% aptitude and 5% luck. So, I'd encourage you to step away, play some live cards and get your self back on track. Let the 'physical' nature of poker come back to you.

Hopefully that makes some sense, if your going to take a break, then accomplish something by doing it...

Peace,

Brian

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Thanks for the well thought out comment Brian. I like the idea of some live play to counter the bulk of my online play. Good call.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home