Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Stuff That Bugs Me

Hella short on time today, so this will be hella short. I've played some poker lately, but nothing to write home about. I've dropped the smelly deuce in most of my recent blogger tourneys so that's nothing to highlight. Other than the blogger tourneys, I've been focusing my time on the 6-max super turbo $11 sng's with 3 minute blind levels. I enjoy those and think it is hilarious the way most people play them.

I would imagine on average half the players at my table in those sng's play entirely too tight as the blinds go up. Then they bitch when I build my stack and take them out as an underdog in a 60/40 hand where I'm pushing, they're calling, and I end up winning (just a random example). Meanwhile they were laying down 8 out of 10 hands as the blinds increased every 3 minutes and ate up their stack.

As long as the tards keep playing those sng's, I plan to keep playing those sng's. The beauty of it is some of these players probably tag me so they can play at the same tables, but they continue to play these super turbo sng's like they are WPT events. Hawesome.



I'm going to start a little series that I may never fall back on again. I've been known to do stuff like that, so we'll see. This one will be dubbed, "Stuff That Bugs Me." Now I may not write about this stuff very often because, for the most part, I'm a pretty laid back guy. I rarely harp on the little things in life and rather choose to not sweat the stupid stuff.

Still, occasionally things are just so stupid that it bugs me. Today, children, I'll be writing about people and companies that butcher acronyms.

Here are just a few of the one's that bug me to no end.

MLB Baseball
ATM Machine
PIN Number
Estimated ETA
Navy NCIS

There are more, but I'll just go with those for now.

People, it's not MLB Baseball. That's like saying "Major League Baseball Baseball." The cable company butchers that one all the time. And for a while, even the network stations butchered their own shows. That craptastic show NCIS was named Navy NCIS for years. They finally woke up and dropped the Navy from the front of the title since it was stupid to basically name it Navy Navy Criminal Investigation Something (I don't know what the S even stands for).

If you think of any other acronyms that don't make sense, leave a comment. I need to add to my list and am currently having a brain flatus.

So that's the first in my "Stuff That Bugs Me" series.

Man am I lame or what?

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 2:03 PM,

9 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

NCIS stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Service. That has bugged me for a while with the double Navy. I work with a bunch of NCIS guys too and they are not like that show for the most part.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger lj said...

dvr recorder. do people really say estimated eta?

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

C U Next Tuesday Cunt, as in, "Gee, TripJax sure is a C U Next Tuesday Cunt! I'd like to punch him right in his fooking mouth!"

HAHAHA!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

lol never noticed the MLB thing until you pointed it out...

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Steven said...

VIN number and even though it's not an acronym FedEx Express bugs the crap out of me.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Special K said...

OOF = Out of Office?

That's OOO damnit!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger WindBreak247 said...

In high school we had the MPR (Multipurpose Room) and it was called the MPR Room all the time.

Forget the fact that it could've just been MR if they're gonna shorten it, but at least don't be redundant.

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a whole discussion on Fark today about these and other English language atrocities, and I thought of your post. Some of the others offered up in the discussion:

LCD display
SAT test
GPS system
RPG grenade
GOP party
RSVP, please

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

I am in such total agreement with the ATM and PIN. For some reason, that has bugged my for years. I really should get over it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home