Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Main Event Satellite

A buddy of mine here in Greensboro is helping coordinate a satellite to the WSoP Main Event this year and I thought I would mention it here in case anyone close enough to Greensboro might be interested. This is the same buddy who final tabled the $500 Borgata event last year (finishing 8th). Details are as follows...

- $600 buy-in
- 20 entrants
- Winner take all ($10k for buy-in, $2k for expenses)
- 50% of any winnings from the main event will be disbursed to the other 19 players.

This means that all players in the satellite will have a vested interest in the main event. The winner of the satellite will retain 50% of any winnings from the main event while the remaining 19 players from the satellite will share in the remainder. I don't know if this is what you would consider a good deal, but I'd be interested to hear any comments. In addition, if you know of another satellite that has a good format and potentially awards the "losers" of the satellite as well, let me know so I it can be considered. Everything is sort of coming together as I type this.

Tentative plans are for around two weeks from now and I'll probably have more details soon. This would be a live event, not online, so you would have to be willing to travel or hopefully live relatively near Greensboro. I'm sure cash games will break out after the game, but there will be NO juice on the main event satellite.

Let me know if you are potentially interested or if you have any ideas for the format. I'm sure the blind structure will be fair, but I will have more details on that soon.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 2:43 PM,

2 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Chad C said...

Why don't you guys just go buy 12,000 lottery tickets?

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

good idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home