Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



DONKCLOWNAGE

This week is one of those weeks you're going to wish you were me. You'll trudge around all week with your head down, kicking empty soda cans, thinking of what it would be like to be TripJax. Unfortunately, for you, we can't all be me.

What is it that is so great about being me this week you ask? Well as it turns out, I have been given the highly esteemed honor of Guest Donkey Blog Of The Week over at Don Morris' blog. The picture in the post pretty much sums it up. What is most exciting is I'm only the 2nd to receive this accolade from Don. The inaguaral weekly winner was none other than Wawfuls. I stand on the shoulders of giants, my friends.

The motivation behind my award winning ways stems from last weeks Friday Donkament. I had chipped up in my usual donkey way when the following hand occurred. Keep in mind I've been playing hella aggro most of the tournament, but we are now past the rebuy stage...

Clown Hand

I dubbed the hand in question clown hand cause that is what I was called after it was over. Don was unhappy with the result, to say the least, but I stood by my play. I even asked him to write up a post about the hand, which he graciously obliged. I agree with his thoughts in that post. I know he was just blowing off steam after a perceived suck out, but I've looked back at the hand history numerous times and just don't mind my play on any of the streets. I'd be interested to hear the opinions of others if anyone has the time.

And yes, I put The Hoy on him like nobody's business. To me, that was the best part of the hand, but I'm sure it didn't help with his steaming ways immediately after. To those who don't know, to "Hoy" someone is to put them all-in except for one chip. That way, if they lose the hand, they are left with 1 chip to work with. I don't use this technique enough in my tournament strategy, but I really need to put it back in my regular arsenal.

I know full well Don was just blowing off steam directly after the hand, which is why I think we had some fun with it after the fact. In fact, I even changed my avatar from the donkey to the clown. I've had some decent results as a clown lately. I may just have to stick it out for a while.

So thank you Don for graciously bestowing upon me the awe-inspiring honor of Guest Donkey Blog Of The Week. I pwn.

If you've never been over to Don's blog before, be sure and check it out...some good stuff going on there.



I finished 2nd in the Hoy last night. That makes a 3rd place last week and a 2nd place this week in that tournament. By that rationale, you should all know what to expect next week.

That's pretty much all I've got today. Why don't you join me at The Mookie this Wednesday? After two weeks away from that tournament, I've started getting the shakes. Good thing I can make it this week.

Until next time, may the felt be with you. <>

posted by TripJax @ 1:08 PM,

5 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

HAHA! Your a donkey because he cant fucking fold.. With your stack and the pot and the bet I stack him too.. good job.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger NewinNov said...

Nice play during the HU phase of the MATH tourney. You changed gears a couple of times that I noticed. I don't understand why you called the all in with Qx but I put it on a few factors:

1. You wanted the match over and had a better than average hand.
2. I just lost a hand and became a short stack and my all in could be preceived as a tilting move.
3. Long duration of match.
4. Work the next day.
5. Ichy fingers.

But thank you nonetheless.

Now to find out what you did on Friday.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger lj said...

congrats on all your top finishes! so glad i can say i met you way back when...

i've sat at your table the last couple of tournaments and all you seem to do is raise my blinds. it's cool, though, one of these days i'll get you back. : )

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Chad C said...

You donkey, you do good in blogaments.... How ghey is that?

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

Wawfuls...fanks dude.

New...that mix is pretty much everything I was thinking to.

LJ...you can say you knew me BEFORE I went broke!

Chad...truer words never spoken...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home